Do I need a license?

Datoneguy

Hey guys,I'm planning to buy an Assassin's Creed replica sword for a cosplay and I wanna know do i need a license? It is made out of stainless steel and some people said that stainless steel replica swords are for display so for that and cosplay. do I need a license to bring it around? Thanks in advance. Also planning for a short weapon from ACB and some weapon from AC4 since I'm doing a mashup cosplay.  :huh:

Link to my knowledge google.com .My most beloved store newegg.com

My tech:PS3,

i5 4690k,Msi R9 390,1600 mhz DDR3 8GB Avexir,Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3,Corsair Carbide Spec 03,Cooler Master VS650,Philips E Line 22 inch monitor,A4Tech illuminated kb crap and Gigabyte Force M7

i5 4200u,GT 740M and 4GB RAM

Depends on your local laws. 

Here we can't carry swords around openly. But at conventions they are alright if they are not sharp.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hey guys,I'm planning to buy an Assassin's Creed replica sword for a cosplay and I wanna know do i need a license? It is made out of stainless steel and some people said that stainless steel replica swords are for display so for that and cosplay. do I need a license to bring it around? Thanks in advance. Also planning for a short weapon from ACB and some weapon from AC4 since I'm doing a mashup cosplay.  :huh:

No you dont need a license.. But I highly doubt wherever your doing the cosplay is going to allow a steel sword  :lol:

Very much depends on local laws.

If in doubt, go to a police station with a picture of it and ask them if it's okay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It will depend on the laws where you live. In a lot of places, as long as you have a genuine reason for having it, and it is not sharp, it is okay. If you're cosplaying, with a load of other people around too, it should be fine. 

I would go with Strict_Nein and check with your local police station(s).

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Where are you from (I assume US)? 

it varies even state to state, country to country, generally full metal blades are not allowed in public, thats why most cosplayers use foam/paper weapons

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Where are you from (I assume US)? 

it varies even state to state, country to country, generally full metal blades are not allowed in public, thats why most cosplayers use foam/paper weapons

A country in Southeast Asia called Malaysia

Link to my knowledge google.com .My most beloved store newegg.com

My tech:PS3,

i5 4690k,Msi R9 390,1600 mhz DDR3 8GB Avexir,Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 3,Corsair Carbide Spec 03,Cooler Master VS650,Philips E Line 22 inch monitor,A4Tech illuminated kb crap and Gigabyte Force M7

i5 4200u,GT 740M and 4GB RAM

A country in Southeast Asia called Malaysia

I 100% would not carry a metal sword around in public anywhere in the world

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Check with your local police department as already suggested above, they are the only people you should trust with a question like this. In Denmark we need a license to even own a sword like that.

I 100% would not carry a metal sword around in public anywhere in the world

Pretty much this

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers