Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Merry christmas boys,may everyone get badass hardware for christmas(Or any holiday you celebrate).

I'd go and buy an X99 board ASAP.

I would make love to the box, following which I would stare at X99 boards, DDR4 and watercooling equipment on the internet until I could finally afford to buy them, at which point I would order said components along with a Modmat Xtreme, go about my daily activities while I waited for them to arrive, unbox them and prepare my workstation by organising my tools and taking all necessary antistatic precautions, I would then lift the CPU retention arm, insert the CPU into the socket and lower the retention arm, insert the RAM into the DIMM slots, mount my waterblock, insert a graphics card, connect up a power supply, do a test boot then (provided everything was working as it should) disconnect the power supply, remove the graphics card, mount the motherboard and attached CPU, RAM and waterblock into my case, connect up all the other watercooling hardware, OCD cable manage, fill the water loop, turn on my computer, connect up a keyboard and mouse and revel in the glory of my newly upgraded X99 machine.  I would then reboot, enter BIOS, increase the clock speed, boot into windows, and run Prime95 blend for a while to make sure it was stable, I would keep repeating this until it became unstable, at which point I would reboot into BIOS, increase the voltage slightly, and boot into Windows once again, I would run Prime95 again to make sure it was stable, and if not increase the voltage some more and keep repeating until I achieved a satisfactory overclock or CPU temperature reached unacceptable levels.

Or I'd just stare at it and struggle to contain my emotion. Either way.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

I'd love to win because it truly is my only chance to have a 5820k without robbing a bank :P

I would use the 5820K for my you tube channel editing cause this i7 4770 inst just enough D:, But yeah awesome contest Linus!

I would make a custom water cooling loop form my p.c. to upgrade from my LGA 1155 z77 motherboard and CPU

I'm in!

I'd  to upgrade my pc! I've been buying Intel proccesors since pentium 4 and now I have an i5 750!

If I win this i would probably build my mom a new workstation for her job....And i would also use it to game!

That would be a sweet processor to run Photohop and Lightroom with!

Planning on making a media center/steam box system for the living room. This would be a great start or replacement for my current setup.

Hi cool Canadians

I would love to build a razer themed desk pc using  the 17 5820k with 

ASUS ATX DDR4 3000 (O.C.) Motherboard X99-DELUXE 

Hi, I almost complete my new gamming PC, I just only need the processor and the SSD. So if I win... I will play inmediately (using my current mechanical HDD)

still running lga 775 with a e6400, woukdnt mind getting a 5820k so i have a valid reason to convince my parents for an upgrade, esp for gaming ;P

I would use this processor for a gaming / streaming / content production pc. Thanks for the giveaway !!

Hi there, I would use this CPU in a high-spec build I plan to build.

C0Ff7xo.jpg

INTEL 5820K GIVEAWAY DECEMBER 19-26

Our friends over at Intel have been generous enough to provide us with 2 Core i7 5820K 6-Core Processors to give away to the community! Think of it as an awesome holiday present from Intel to the community :)

How do I enter?
Leave a comment below to enter the draw. One comment (entry) per user.

This is a worldwide giveaway.

Also, please mention in your comment what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway! (This will not affect who wins in any way - winners are chosen at random, this is just a way to add a bit of cool community interaction to the contest) Are you a budding streamer or video editor who will use the extra cores for multi-tasking? Would this chip act as the missing piece for a set of workstation components that you've been eyeing?

Entries close December 26 at 4pm PT, so be sure to leave you comment here before that time. The winner will be selected on December 27.

I recently built a new business computer that we plan to do some video editing with.  The X99 platform was a bit too expensive for us, but we found that we should have bit the bullet and just bought the items, so we have been dealing with slower rendering and computing times.  We would use this to be able to be rendering our videos while still working on new ones or even creating new ones with our microphone/vid camera.  Multi-tasking would be most beneficial.   The faster RAM we could get for this would just be the cream atop the cake.

Good luck all!

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Seems like a great wya to get into X99 and game for a while until cash frees up for crazy gpu settups :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

"what you would do with the processor if you were to win this giveaway!"

With TWO 5820K 6-Core Processors, I will finally have the final piece to complete my life's work!

A Museum, dedicated to the heart of the computer.

The silicon based, computational squares and the hundreds of dollars $$ we spend on them each generation.

I would finally upgrade my 6 year old computer so id have that going for me which would be great

My rig.... cpu i7-920 , MB asus p6t se , RAM 8gigs , GPU evga 760 sc , Case antec 900, western digital 2x500 gigs hhd , PSU  antec 800w , Display syncmaster 2233rz , Cooling antec kulher h20 620 ,  keyboard / mouse / headset    G15 keyboard , g500 mouse , Razor megladon headset

My old computer would be a goner, a upgrade like that would be so awesome