Intel Core i7 5820K Giveaway

Will be great for my new built coming up. Since switching from AMD to Intel. Both have unique features but I want my next built to be with based on Intel Processor.

Yeeey, another great giveaway!

I would build a x99 pc instead of a z97 one which I plan to make soon! :)

It's garbage. My Pentium 4 is much faster... 

I am new here lol. But have been watching Linus and Luke on YouTube for over 1.5 year now. I learn all my comp knowledge from them lol, very helpful. Everytime I found a problem, I go to Linus's and usually got my question answered.  I finally built my first comp and fixed my old comp a week ago lol. I am now broke as hell and hope to win this =D.

Will this work on Asus Z87-Pro Motherboard with 600 watts PSU??:o

I would go and get quality motherboard and plop that cpu into it so I could get smoother gameplay and possibly do some video game commentary!!

hi i'm ryan,

I've never built an intel extreme system before and the X99 series is the place to start.  it's been almost 4 years since i've upgraded from the 2600k and i am really interested in the 5820K for video processing, uploading files, and gaming.  i'm also pc gamer by heart and yearn to feel what ddr4 ram is truly capable of.  

i would sleep with box and make sure OC on my RIG

I would love to get this to help towards a long needed upgrade on my desktop.

Still rocking an i5-760 that's OC'ed and it's finally starting to reach its limits.

Would compliment this bad boy with an equally powerful motherboard (X99 from either ASUS or ASRock), AM CPU Cooler (Noctua if my CM EVO wouldn't be compatible), and new set of RAM sticks.

I'd use the extra processing power for not only gaming and some video recording and streaming, but also on personal side projects and development. Also running VM's wouldn't hurt especially if I needed to run a test server. (Comp. Sci Major)

Best of luck to all.

I would probably make a real water cooling loop with it and go all crazy with modding

Rig 1: CPU i7 3770k @ stock Memory Kingston HyperX Black 8 GB @ 1600 Mhz GPU Asus GTX 670 PSU Corsair AX760i Case Corsair 450D Storage Kingston Hyperx 3K 120 GB, WD Blue 1 TB Display Benq XL2420T.

Rig 2: CPU i7-920 @ stock Memory Kingston Blu 8 GB GPU 2x Club 3D GTX 560 PSU Corsair GS700 v1 Case Fractal Desgin Define R4 Storage OCZ Agility 128GB, WD Blue 500GB, 3x WD Blue 500 GB (RAID5).

Nice! I would love to replace my old workhorse (980x) with this one. This would be an absolutely great start for my new build as the USB ports on my Asus mainboard are slowly dying.

I'd love to win this. 

This processor would be powerful enough to run quite a few virtual machines, which would be nice.

A cool giveaway.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Man o Man this is a win-lose isn't it, if I win I get a free 6 core 2011-3 processor which will improve both my gaming and my productivity performance, but then I need to buy a new 2011-3 motherboard and that is a bit pricy :/

Corsair 550D / i5-4690k @4.6GHz / Asus Maximus VII Hero / Asus GTX 980 Strix @1.6Ghz / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G (2x4096) 2400MHz / Corsair HX 850w / Corsair Neutron GTX 120g SSD / Segate 2TB + 8g Hybrid

too bad only has 28 pci-e lanes but oh well it's free (if I win this), I want this to finish my x99 build the last thing I need it's the cpu so if I can get it for free that will be awesome

HI

On January 19th there is a geek fest - all the kids at school bring there computer to show it off.

We also run benchmarks, play games, have speekers about first person shooter games, surround, google car, etc.

You know how cool I would be to have a new haswell-e processor!

Anyway I hope I get it!

I'd give the 5820K to my step father so I can save a bit and than build him a X99 as a late christmas gift 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

This 6 core CPU would look just lovely in my current system.

I've been wanted to upgrade from my i5-3570k ever since I got into more intense video editing and CAD.   This would really help me pull the trigger on an X99 motherboard.  Happy holidays to the LinusTechTips crew and community!

I'm in~ =] Definitely need to upgrade my comp now. I'm looking to buy one of those Lian Li O cases and have a reliable pc to use for video editing, 3ds max, autocad and gaming. Thanks for the giveaway!

wow...probably i would try to make as silent rig as i can. And for the use - 5820K and couple titan z to play gout simulator :D :D :D