Potential issue with "Whole Room Watercooling"

Please, please, please, tell me if I'm being an idiot, but my understanding of thermodynamics tells me I'm not, for whatever that means.

When I was first getting into computers, I had an ambition to strip an old mini fridge of it's cooling components and then rig up a computer that was cooled with refrigerants, thereby achieving otherwise impossible temperatures, but after months of fantasizing about it, I mentioned it to a friend who directed me to a page that explained the issues with it, mainly, that by having liquid in the tubes/pipes in my computer that was cooler than the ambient temperature, I'd be opening myself to the potential for condensation to form on them inside my computer, which could drip off and then damage my components. I quickly scrapped my ideas and am now happy with my H100i.

But this all came back to my mind recently when watching the first video about LMG's whole room watercooling project. I know Canada is known for it's pretty cold winters, hell, even here in the midwest US (pretty far south from where Linus is) our winters can see nights that drop to below -50 degrees F. So what should happen, if while moving through the outside radiators, the liquid cools down to temperatures below that of ambient inside the building? Would condensation not form on the piping, which would drip, thereby potentially ruining their extremely expensive rigs? 

Perhaps they have some plan in place for reheating the liquid to ambient when it comes back into the house, so that the component heat is left outside, but the water isn't too cold when it gets back to the components, but they haven't mentioned anything along those lines.

So I don't know, perhaps I am crazy, and I kind of hope I am, but is this not a potential outcome here? 

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

Please, please, please, tell me if I'm being an idiot, but my understanding of thermodynamics tells me I'm not, for whatever that means.

When I was first getting into computers, I had an ambition to strip an old mini fridge of it's cooling components and then rig up a computer that was cooled with refrigerants, thereby achieving otherwise impossible temperatures, but after months of fantasizing about it, I mentioned it to a friend who directed me to a page that explained the issues with it, mainly, that by having liquid in the tubes/pipes in my computer that was cooler than the ambient temperature, I'd be opening myself to the potential for condensation to form on them inside my computer, which could drip off and then damage my components. I quickly scrapped my ideas and am now happy with my H100i.

But this all came back to my mind recently when watching the first video about LMG's whole room watercooling project. I know Canada is known for it's pretty cold winters, hell, even here in the midwest US (pretty far south from where Linus is) our winters can see nights that drop to below -50 degrees F. So what should happen, if while moving through the outside radiators, the liquid cools down to temperatures below that of ambient inside the building? Would condensation not form on the piping, which would drip, thereby potentially ruining their extremely expensive rigs? 

Perhaps they have some plan in place for reheating the liquid to ambient when it comes back into the house, so that the component heat is left outside, but the water isn't too cold when it gets back to the components, but they haven't mentioned anything along those lines.

So I don't know, perhaps I am crazy, and I kind of hope I am, but is this not a potential outcome here? 

idk what they got, but its covering it. dun wurry. someone like linus wouldnt over look that. >_<

also tis beenrunning for months no problem now. so dun wury.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Would be cycling through to quickly to go through such a drastic temperature change.

Not to mention such a Large quantity of liquid would require A LOT of energy to cool down that much.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

In a water cooling loop, the water cycles quite fast.  It's not like it goes through the tubing warm, leaves the house, gets chilled to below room temperature while outside, and then re-enters the room.  The entire loop is basically the same water temperature, and with the heat from 5 high-end workstation this probably won't be an issue for the entire loop sitting below zero all the time.

Would be cycling through to quickly to go through such a drastic temperature change.

Not to mention such a Large quantity of liquid would require A LOT of energy to cool down that much.

well, they have enough of a radiator setup to be that strong. however the heat from the computers alone is enough to combat it.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Well if they kept them running the heat would keep the loop above freezing. - It doesn't get that cold on the West Coast. We might see a stretch of weather going as low as -5 © and at the extreme -10, © but it would only be like that for a day or two. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You must not be very familiar with this part of Canada... Cold isn't a problem in the Lower Mainland.

In a water cooling loop, the water cycles quite fast.  It's not like it goes through the tubing warm, leaves the house, gets chilled to below room temperature while outside, and then re-enters the room.  The entire loop is basically the same water temperature, and with the heat from 5 high-end workstation this probably won't be an issue for the entire loop sitting below zero all the time..

^^^ this shit is smart and it reminded of either barnacules or jayztwocents talking about fluid dynamics. ^^^

-Jim Hensen

well, they have enough of a radiator setup to be that strong. however the heat from the computers alone is enough to combat it.

Wait. I don't think it gets that cold in Vancouver.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Okay, so my takeaway is, I'm not nuts, it's just not as big of a deal as I made it out to be?

I'm hoping they don't run into any issues, I was just concerned. 

My Build 
i7-4790k @4.6GHz, 16GB GSkill Ares RAM, Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming G1, Strix 970, RM1000 PSU, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Barracuda, 3TB WD Green, CM Storm Scout II

im sayin in the even of it ever snowing... (i always look at worst case senerio... it can only get better. :) )

-Jim Hensen

You must not be very familiar with this part of Canada... Cold isn't a problem in the Lower Mainland.

Eh, what? Where you from that cold isn't an issue? Probably Toronto, I remember when my uncle called freaking out one day that it was -15 degrees Celsius outside

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

@LamboLaddy

Um.....as you can see i live in Vancouver...

Eh, what? Where you from that cold isn't an issue? Probably Toronto, I remember when my uncle called freaking out one day that it was -15 degrees Celsius outside

oregon and candaian climate are pretty much the same.

coldest its ever gotten in the past five years here is -2

average winter is around +12 or above. farenhireght

-Jim Hensen

It doesn't get very cold in Vancouver, It rains in the winter time there.  Now If they lived Here in northern Alberta they'd have issues where the outside temp can reach -50C (usually doesn't get that cold but it can).

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

It doesn't get very cold in Vancouver, It rains in the winter time there.  Now If they lived Here in northern Alberta they'd have issues where the outside temp can reach -50C (usually doesn't get that cold but it can).

>Lives in Edmonton

Just a thought.

For the refrigerator case, couldn't you just use a powerful desiccant or dehumidifier to combat condensation? Perhaps coupled with some kind of absorbent wrapping around the tubing?

Just a thought. or keep the system at such a low temperature that water can't form inside the box, just ice?

OR...

Use an air cooler inside the refrigerator and keep the temp excessively cold?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

>Lives in Edmonton

>lives in my room and never elaves it

-Jim Hensen

@LamboLaddy

Um.....as you can see i live in Vancouver...

So you're not actually from the mainland.

oregon and candaian climate are pretty much the same.

coldest its ever gotten in the past five years here is -2

average winter is around +12 or above. farenhireght

You're joking right? I'm from Winnipeg mate, it's only about -15 outside right now (winters being a real slouch so far this year) but the temperature here this time of year will easily break -30 degrees Celsius in the winter, I've seen it drop below -50 consistently come January and February.

CPU: Intel 5930k cooled by H110i GT Mobo: MSI X99S XPower AC RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum 2800mhz GPU: 2x MSi Lightning 290x SSD: 512GB 850 Pro HDD: 4&2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX1500i Case: Corsair 900D Monitor: 3xVG248QE  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark  Mouse: Logitech G700s  Headset: Astro A50

I like chocolate milk.

Are you smoking something? 

Google Lower Mainland .... here i'll help ya. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Mainland

Apparently I am, shame since I was so good in Geography, I had Victoria and Vancouver mixed up, I am so sorry.

I like chocolate milk.