Help - Cannot find motherboard driver disk.

Gauzl

I have had to reinstall the OS in a computer and am now up to installing drivers for the motherboard but have lost the disk, any other way I can get the drivers? The motherboard is a asrock extreme 6 Z77.

since you have an internet connection, a good place to start is at the motherboard support page: http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z77%20Extreme6/index.asp?cat=Download

Well I can't do anything on the computer I'm working on so can I download the drivers onto a USB on my other computer and transfer them? Do I seriously have to download each of those drivers one by one?

Well I can't do anything on the computer I'm working on so can I download the drivers onto a USB on my other computer and transfer them?

Yes, you can!

You can also navigate to Intel Download Center to download latest chipset drivers!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Telling me that didn't help me at all, I'm actually completely lost without the driver disk and I'm also confused with all this http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme6/?cat=Download&os=Win764

Well I can't do anything on the computer I'm working on so can I download the drivers onto a USB on my other computer and transfer them? Do I seriously have to download each of those drivers one by one?

You have to download one by one.

Well you driver disk contains all of that drivers and programs listed on that website, If you want to satisfy yourself, download all of them and install it.

But I'll download only these: Realtek HD Audio, Intel Chipset driver, LAN Driver (Broadcom in your case), VGA driver.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

start with the Intel,Audio and USB drivers and the LAN drivers of course

or just the lan driver and everything else will be done by Windows if you are to lazy for the rest ;)

EDIT: forgot VGA bun @kameshss said everything already  :)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

You have to download one by one.

Well you driver disk contains all of that drivers and programs listed on that website, If you want to satisfy yourself, download all of them and install it.

But I'll download only these: Realtek HD Audio, Intel Chipset driver, LAN Driver (Broadcom in your case), VGA driver.

So for now can I just download the LAN driver and put that onto the USB then how do transfer it onto the computer so it registers it as a driver? Then can I just let windows install the rest?

I guess Broadcom LAN driver installed by Windows itself, if not download it from that site and transfer it to that USB storage and use that file to install the LAN driver on that computer.
It won't simply register it as a driver. You have to install it manually or it will install automatically by double clicking on setup.exe or something in that case.

Not so hard I guess!

So for now can I just download the LAN driver and put that onto the USB then how do transfer it onto the computer so it registers it as a driver? Then can I just let windows install the rest?

WOUDL NOT use Windows generic drivers. Use the PROPER drivers provided by AsRock.

Install your chipset drivers, LAN, Audio, and USB 3.0 drivers by using the AsRock provided ones.

USB 3.0 is not standardized like USB 2.0, so you actually need the proper drivers, for THAT USB3.0 controller, for them to function.

Being lazy and trying to find shortcuts will just lead for headaches in the long-run / future. Not worth it.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

What OS are you going to re-install? We can't really tell you what to install if we only have the motherboard you use.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah, yes you do. My advice is to install them, then make a system image.  

USB 3.0 is not standardized like USB 2.0, so you actually need the proper drivers, for THAT USB3.0 controller, for them to function.

Not entirely. Intel, for example, doesn't even provide USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 8 anymore, since they are included in the OS

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Not entirely. Intel, for example, doesn't even provide USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 8 anymore, since they are included in the OS

That is true for the later generation of Processors as Intel has integrated the USB 3.0 ports into the their chipset / CPU.

For older Processors and chipsets (i.e. Z77) they are using third-party USB 3.0 controllers -- some examples, Etron, Asmedia, VIA, etc. In those scenarios, you need to install the proper drivers for the controller.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>