Family mini PC

SuperShires

Well, I finally did it haha, here it is in all its glory.

Spec:

Silverstone ML05

Silverstone SFX 300W PSU

Asus H81I-Plus Mobo

8GB RAM

i3 4330 CPU

Crucial M500 120GB SSD

2x 80mm fans

Also there is a Silverstone slot load optical drive installed too.

Also I accidentally pulled one of the wires from the reset switch off while installing the mobo, could I just connect it back so it makes contact and it would work?

Preparing for the nightmare.

b61G3dR.jpg

Side 80mm fans mounted.

eW9GjCe.jpg

With dust filters that are impossible to remove now.

UWxXgHi.jpg

Looks roomy, but isnt.

SRPQ3SJ.jpg

Managed to pick up 8gb of RAM for the price of 4, bonus!

AYt37wY.jpg

Shot of the i3 CPU.

2D3eSVb.jpg

Easy part done, time to fit it into the case.

1DH3bCA.jpg

Holy fuck was that a nightmare, the 24pin had to be installed outside of the case, then somehow I managed to install the mobo and the power supply at the same time, in a case thats no bigger than an Xbox.

uolKp4l.jpg

Final build complete, love the mirror finish it has.

S3cXY8h.jpg

Working as hoped, never again will I build in such a small enclosure..

5jnTFZp.jpg

yes, you could do that.

it might not work though. just try it.

nice build anyways!

Yeah but its really hard to get too now that its built haha, this is one build I didnt have so much fun with..

But thanks  :wub:

well, i guess you don't use the reset button to often anyways :P

Yeah, when I noticed a wire loose I thought it was the power button, I almost cried, thinking how am I going to have this ready for Xmas  :o

You know you shouldn't sit your components on the outside of an anti-static bag as it makes static.

Nice build i know you said its a family pc but what specifically is its use case just general web browsing or is it a media pc for the family?

I'm amazed that it all fit haha, looks great. Any way to avoid those cables near the fans?

Final build complete, love the mirror finish it has.

Are you sure you don't want to polish it some more?  :rolleyes: 

i7 4770k // Scythe Mugen PCGH 4 // Asus Maximus VI Hero // Crucial Ballistix 2x 4GB 1866 CL9 // MSI GTX 770 2GB Gaming

come on, it's six days till christmas, you can fix anything in that time :P

Its all wrapped up under the tree now haha

You know you shouldn't sit your components on the outside of an anti-static bag as it makes static.

Nice build i know you said its a family pc but what specifically is its use case just general web browsing or is it a media pc for the family?

Its used for browsing the web, Microsoft Office, Youtube that sort of thing, no gaming or heavy work loads

I'm amazed that it all fit haha, looks great. Any way to avoid those cables near the fans?

Are you sure you don't want to polish it some more?  :rolleyes: 

Im amazed too, fitting the mobo was the worst part, I had to attach the IO shield to the mobo then slide it in sideways, cause the front IO was in the way, hence why the reset switch came off, must have snagged it. And I cable managed it like crazy after these pictures, cause the slot load drive sits above the CPU, and it was stopping the fan from spinning cause the cables route the opposite way for some reason, but the case has a few cable tie mounts for the 24 pin and the 8 pin on the other side, took a lot of trial and error to get it so no cables where blocking any of the fans.

The USB3 cable is so rigid and stiff that it held most of the other cables in place out of the way. Overall Im pleased with the build, if there was one thing I would change it would be getting a fully modular PSU so I can attach the 24pin to the mobo outside the case without having to do some acrobatic skill to install the mobo and the PSU at the same time haha.

wow, i havent even bought gift paper.

Haha granted my wrapping skills are diabolical Im sure my parents and sister will be thankful that Ive spent quite a sum of money to replace their ancient hamster powered PC  ^_^