new heatsink

TheGuy275

ok so whats the best air cooled CPU heatsink you can get for intel 1150

ive thought of going into liquid cooling but i decided against it

price isn't an issue

Well, one of the best is the Noctua NH-D14. Kinda big, but great if you can fit it.

Noctua NH-D14. It's the best air cooler you can buy right now, and is actually better than many liquid coolers. They're actually coming out with a new one too. Check it out here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Y9dV0XX6s

this cooler looks amazing and i can totally fit it, but i was looking for something a little more "discreet"

this cooler looks amazing and i can totally fit it, but i was looking for something a little more "discreet"

Bequiet dark rock pro 2? Or Noctua's new cooler that is coming out with active noise cancellation could also be a good choice. 

Bequiet dark rock pro 2? Or Noctua's new cooler that is coming out with active noise cancellation could also be a good choice. 

I've heard of something called thermoelectric cooling. is that something to look into?

i really like the look of the Xigmatek Dark Knight cooler and some people say that it performs very well

I've heard of something called thermoelectric cooling. is that something to look into?

I've never heard of it, but a little searching later and I got to this thread from Toms Hardware.

Apparently, it is not.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I've never heard of it, but a little searching later and I got to this thread from Toms Hardware.

Apparently, it is not.

oh ok thank you, it sounded like a better, more efficient way of cooling but it looks like just a waste of power.

oh ok thank you, it sounded like a better, more efficient way of cooling but it looks like just a waste of power.

Yeah, it's expensive to make/use and it's not power efficient. Also, apparently only a small portion of it is actually usable to cool, along with it being not as efficient as other cooling methods.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

well so far this forum has been helpful but i still need to find a heatsink thats not enormous but still cools well and will not interfere with tall RAM moduales 

Just about any dual tower air cooler, except the dark rock pro 2 because of its mounting system, will be good. There's so much variance between reviews that you probably can't call any single one best. The

Silver Arrow did perform terribly at very high heat loads in OC3D's review, so it might not be the best for SB-E. You could also wait until they bring out the Alpenfohn everest. A triple tower cooler.

110591-alpenfohn-everest.png

so much want.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I love phanteks! Its the best! OR you know, you can go with a AIO watercooler, like the h80i which is REALLY good.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife