Wireless Adapter for my Desktop, suggestions?

Sammy Killer
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Well I really like that option! one last question, lets say my younger brother is playing in his PS3 and my mom is using her laptop also doing some internet heavy tasks (browsing and downloading many pictures, videos) and also add 3+ smartphones connected in WiFi to that already saturated house network space, will this card be able to keep up? 

Thanks!

The card should be fine. It sounds like the tasks are reliant on the router/home network and not the wireless card.

Well hello everyone! let me start by saying that I love these forums even tho I spent most of my time lurking around for information rather than posting, now as the title says.. I need suggestions on what WiFi adapter should I use for my home. I need something that can pick up connections in a range of 10-20 feet distance since I have multiple network ISPs in my house (2 routers to be exact) and I need my computer to get a strong enough of a connection to play games like Battlefield 3 and the like. 

None of my routers have 5-GHz access points so if there's a good adapter out there that doesn't necessarily have that option I am willing to take a look into it. my budget is about 30-70$ TOP but I can't decide which would suit me the best out of NCIX or Newegg. I don't do any serious networking aside from gaming and downloading games/streaming from Steam,Netflix etc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for being such a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff! :D

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well I really like that option! one last question, lets say my younger brother is playing in his PS3 and my mom is using her laptop also doing some internet heavy tasks (browsing and downloading many pictures, videos) and also add 3+ smartphones connected in WiFi to that already saturated house network space, will this card be able to keep up? 

Thanks!

Thanks!

The card should be fine. It sounds like the tasks are reliant on the router/home network and not the wireless card.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would look into powerline adapters if I were you. They are very much faster and more reliable. You should be able to find sets on newegg for around $50

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

I too would recommend the TP-Link WDN4800.

If you want to make sure your gaming gets priority, turn on QoS on your router, as it will prioritize gaming over other things like file downloads.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB