T-Mobile introduces rollover data

bobhays

I have one street in my city where the 4g coverage is dead. It's really weird because both sides of the street are covered but if you get withing 50 feet of the street the signal drops. Phone signal is fine just no 4g so hopefully that's fixed.

All EDGE towers will be upgraded to LTE by the end of next year. (T-Mobile says as early as mid-2015.)

T-Mobile is pretty good in the Washington DC area. There are a few spots that don't have good coverage, but I'm never near those locations alot anyways. This is pretty awesome, and sets a precedent for other mobile carriers to follow. I don't know if the $30 plan has rollover data as it is 5GB of unlimited 4G LTE.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

T-Mobile is pretty good in the Washington DC area. There are a few spots that don't have good coverage, but I'm never near those locations alot anyways. This is pretty awesome, and sets a precedent for other mobile carriers to follow. I don't know if the $30 plan has rollover data as it is 5GB of unlimited 4G LTE.

5gb of unlimited 4G?

First of all, what @bobhays said. Second, no prepaid plans have it yet. It'll be extended to prepaid plans in the future, but we don't know which ones.

I understand that in a lot of different areas, but I don't think it applies here. T-Mobile has had great deals I've had them for over 5 years and never had an issue with them. 4 lines for $100 and good deals on phones (not flagship ones though). I'm amazed that anyone who doesn't use their phone for business has Verizon or at&t. Especially Verizon which costs SO much more for a bit better coverage. I understand it makes sense when other companies don't have coverage but in cities where all the carriers have relatively similar coverage I don't understand.

:rolleyes:

verizon-4g-lte-coverage.png

americanroameristhemappingintelligenceso

Yeah, surprisingly, T-Mobile has the best service in the area and surrounding area. But it proably has to do because it's a valley and signals can get bounced by mountains.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5gb of unlimited 4G?

Yes sir, I found out about it last year. You get 100 talk minutes, but unlimited text with 5 gigs of data at 4G LTE. Your speed drops to 2G if you exceed 5 gigs.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Yes sir, I found out about it last year. You get 100 talk minutes, but unlimited text with 5 gigs of data at 4G LTE. Your speed drops to 2G if you exceed 5 gigs.

So its 5gb of 4G and unlimited data haha

-snip-

I know that verizon has more coverage which I covered saying if there isn't other service there (and i guess additionally if you travel a lot), but t-mobile has most major cities covered and a lot of people who live in the same city I do which has great t-mobile coverage still choose verizon and that is beyond me.

So its 5gb of 4G and unlimited data haha

I know that verizon has more coverage which I covered saying if there isn't other service there (and i guess additionally if you travel a lot), but t-mobile has most major cities covered and a lot of people who live in the same city I do which has great t-mobile coverage still choose verizon and that is beyond me.

No, what you said was "for a bit better coverage." which is clearly not the case. Verizon has the best network, hands down. None of the others come close to coverage. I had tmobile for a while and didn't like them. I like their pricing but I'd rather pay more (a lot more really) for much better coverage. 

No, what you said was "for a bit better coverage." which is clearly not the case. Verizon has the best network, hands down. None of the others come close to coverage. I had tmobile for a while and didn't like them. I like their pricing but I'd rather pay more (a lot more really) for much better coverage. 

I meant a bit better coverage where I live, not throughout the united states. It's pretty obvious verizon has the best coverage.

I meant a bit better coverage where I live, not throughout the united states. It's pretty obvious verizon has the best coverage.

You should specify that next time. Save us both some time. 

That TMUS stock... haha keep rolling T-Mobile keep rolling!.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You should specify that next time. Save us both some time. 

I quote my post "I understand it makes sense when other companies don't have coverage but in cities where all the carriers have relatively similar coverage I don't understand."

I quote my post "I understand it makes sense when other companies don't have coverage but in cities where all the carriers have relatively similar coverage I don't understand."

Are you looking at the same maps that I am? There are very few places that tmobile has equal coverage. 

Are you looking at the same maps that I am? There are very few places that tmobile has equal coverage. 

..... I understand that t-mobile has far less coverage, but where I live their coverage is great. They also have most major cities covered. Are you reading the same words I type?

..... I understand that t-mobile has far less coverage, but where I live their coverage is great. They also have most major cities covered. Are you reading the same words I type?

Most < All

Most < All

im talking about areas that ARE COVERED by other carriers, and covered well.