Somebody reassure me...

PowerPigeon

I'm building my computer soon, and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

The only thing that I am nervous about is installing the CPU, how easy is it to mess up?

The only thing that I am nervous about is installing the CPU, how easy is it to mess up?

It is easy to mess up if you don't pay attention, just remember to take your time and line it up before setting it down and you'll be fine.

Fairly hard, as long as you aren't an idiot and decided to play ball with the chip. I mean follow the procedure and your don't do anything not required, if the chip has pins please don't touch them.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Just be gentle and make sure that it's placed the right way.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Look for a step by step instruction online for installing that cpu and follow exactly that.

But seriously just stay concentrated and do it without distractions.

Its pretty straight forward...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's easy as pie. If were talking about intel, then the CPU isn't the problem. It's the socket on the motherboard. Do NOT remove the covering until you have already unboxed and have the CPU ready to install. It's the little pins in the socket that can get bent. After that, so long as you aren't statically charged, you're fine.

Just be gentle and make sure that it's placed the right way.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

line it up and place it in there real gentle, you shouldn't need to use any force,

Just take it slow & Gentle.

That's what she said OH SNAP ....Damn I am sorry for my behaviour

No, it's okay. You're not the first to say that.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

DON'T MESS IT UP.

DON'T BE NERVOUS...

YOU MESS THINGS UP WHEN YOU'RE NERVOUS...

CPU's are only REALLY expensive.

Have fun.

No the hardest part is once its in, when you start to lower the lever and there's that crunch sound, did you just F it up or is it supposed to crunch like that :o

It crunches sometimes... B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

• Hold the CPU by it's corners somewhat like you would hold the PC mice
  •  in case of intel don't touch the CPU exposed underside where the pins come in contact (also don't bend pins in the socket),
  • Properly allign the CPU into the socket according to the manual, usually both the CPU have a triangle on  a corner corresponding to the triangle on the socket so you won't miss (if those don't match up you're doing it wrong)
  • drop the cpu down to the socket evers so slightly when they're almost touching  & give it a slight wiggle with your index finger to properly allign it
  • lock down the lever & apply a slight amount of thermal paste in the dead centre

That's about it & You're good to go.. :)

Details separate people.

Have a hug

tumblr_inline_mopjlaptuy1qz4rgp.gif

Take your time and don't be nervous or try to force it 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I hear you.

When I was installing my 4770k I was watching a Linus build guide video on my laptop and I swear that I was sweating a little bit, after I installed it and put the little lever down to keep it in place I was so relieved.

For me cable management was by far the most difficult part of my build.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

line it up and place it in there real gentle, you shouldn't need to use any force,

Just take it slow & Gentle.

what are we talking about here? installing a cpu or...

There is really only one way it can line up

It's hard to come up with a likely scenario that would result in you actually damaging anything, unless you drop the CPU or shock it with static or something.

Watch some Youtube videos, read your motherboard manual, and take your time. It's better to be nervous than careless. This is "the hardest" part of building a computer, but that doesn't mean it's hard. It's just that there's some technique to it.

It's really easy.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)