GTA 5 Online Heists revealed in new trailer

TechFanboy

Heist missions have finally been revealed for Grand Theft Auto Online—GTA 5's self-explanatory online mode. Okay, so the "finally" of that sentence is somewhat bitter-sweet, given that on PC we're still waiting for GTA 5's January release.

Here's the important bit: GTA 5's online mode didn't previously have heists—one of the best bits of GTA 5's singleplayer campaign. As of "early 2015," though, it will, and the above trailer confirms that they're coming to the PC version as well.

IGN has an informative interview on what the feature will entail, and also questions why the co-op heist missions took as long as they have.

"They just turned out to be a lot more difficult than we originally thought," said GTA Online producer Imran Sarwar.

"One of the challenges is that unlike a heist in Story Mode," Sarwar later said, "every player needs to feel central to the action at all times, and that’s much more challenging than it appears." In the singleplayer game, players can switch between characters to ensure they're always at the centre. In online play? Not so easy. Sarwar uses the example of a getaway driver, and needing something for that player to do that isn't just sitting around and waiting in a car.

The co-op heists will be four player multi-segment missions, and, according to Sarwar, will be organised by a designated "heist leader" among the group. As for the missions themselves, "some missions have all players working as one unit, some require players to take on specific tasks like hacking or crowd control, while others require players to split into smaller teams to complete separate high value objectives."

With no exact release date, it's not clear if online heists will be ready for GTA 5's PC release. That, if you weren't already counting down the days, will happen on 27 January.

WELL Gamers!? I've Come from Far-Far Away waiting for this haha! LOL! ... Prepare Your Wallets  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(and suddenly Gets Delayed by 2016 LOL! Just Kidding) I hope Not 

Source://http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-online-heists-revealed-in-new-trailer/

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Ban this sick filth! Oh wait, this we actually like cause it's slightly different right? Sorry I thought it was the Hatred thread, carry on.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Its about fucking time over a year after release now that's disgraceful 

Ban this sick filth! Oh wait, this we actually like cause it's slightly different right? Sorry I thought it was the Hatred thread, carry on.

If a game with sole purpose and intention being a gruesome, hateful, mass-murder simulator to a storied crime game that doesn't encourage or require mass murder sprees on innocent people to progress constitutes "slightly different", then yes, we do like this because its "slightly different".

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

If a game with sole purpose and intention being a gruesome, hateful, mass-murder simulator to a storied crime game that doesn't encourage or require mass murder sprees on innocent people to progress constitutes "slightly different", then yes, we do like this because its "slightly different".

Oh right, it's not like Valve wouldn't allow a game that's soley for the purpuse of being a gruesome, hateful, mass-murder simulator already....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/232770/

Seriously though, You can be just as gruesome and hateful on either fucking game. This is true for all sandbox games that go intro great detail and give you no limits. If anything, the only distasteful thing is that one dev admits "Yeah, we have the balls to admit the main purpose of anybody buying this kind of game" instead of hiding behind "oh it's just satire, commentary!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

So payday the heist with a skin and some tweaks ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i remember when they were saying "Spring 2014!"... nope.

at least it'll be there when we get it!.. hopefully.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

As someone who flys the attack helicopter in bf4.i want that chopper.

I also want that flare gun, it would make air pickups a lot easier.

REALITY CHECK: Rockstar will probably trash this with micro transactions. I've literally heard one other person say that micro transactions kind of ruin it. Meanwhile we're hating on EA?

only a year late good job

im not kdding

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

haha i love the start of the trailer directed at all the delay complaints. 

GTA IV had that heist thing in the first place.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I like the "I know you've been complaining" bit

I dislike the PC port being 16 months delayed from initial release on consoles bit.

no, Payday The Heist is primitive compared to this

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Yeah... No.

I've said it months ago, and I'm saying it again: Rockstar isn't gonna get any money from me anymore. The game is not even worth pirating IMO.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

GTA IV had that heist thing in the first place.

three leaf clover, ill never forget :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yeah... No.

I've said it months ago, and I'm saying it again: Rockstar isn't gonna get any money from me anymore. The game is not even worth pirating IMO.

Fine then. Haha. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

...SNIP... (Rockstar bullshit)

Translation -

Hiests have been ready since we launched the game over 12 months ago on last gen systems but we've used excuse after excuse to keep them back until the game launched on next gen platforms because we wanted to make a shit load more money by selling more crap to more users.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)