What mechanical keyboard to get?

Chael

Hi, I have decided to buy a mechanical keyboard and I'm looking for a top end one. After searching around online for a while and watching reviews etc.. I have narrowed it down to two keyboards. The Corsair K70 (Black one with red backlight) or the Ducky DK9008 Shine 2. This will be my first ever mechanical keyboard and I am sure that I will like the Cherry MX Red switches or Browns. So do you guys have any suggestions on what one you think I should buy?

generally the ducky shine 2 is very highly regarded while the k70...not so much, i dont have personal experience with it but people that have it say it's not very good however i would wait for the ducky shine 3 which should come out fairly soon

So have you tried any switches yourself at all?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Said before and will say it again, try to have hands on with each MX Cherry colour and different mechanical keyboards before buying any of them, when your spending over £100 for a keyboard you what it to be the right one, after all you will be using it for years.

If you do go with a Ducky Shine 2 keyboard find out when the Shine 3 will be available in your area.

If you tried the different MX key's and the red and brown ones you like the most you will find that Ducky as a great selection of keyboards to suit most people but there is other companies that make good mechanical keyboard's some less known and others more so.

Cry Havoc!

I'm thinking about getting the Ducky Shine 2 myself, the only thing holding me back is that it does look very simple. I mean, no wrist pad.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

There isn't any place in my area where I can have hands on with Mechanical keyboards because I only have big retailers near me which only sell non-mechanical keyboards. I have been looking at stuff online for a while though and I am sure that I will be happy with either the Cherry MX Reds or Browns. Does anyone have a rough idea of when the Ducky Shine 3 will be out? I live in the UK.

My advice would be to buy one of those wasd sample kits for about 12$ it comes with every switch but for greens. It also comes with keycaps and o-rings.

I really like my browns but I also really like blacks. If you are more into the typist arena then perhaps blues however I'm one who doesn't care for the noise and the tactile feedback of the browns is nice. I have a G710+ which comes with sound rings on each cap which dampen the noise a little bit which is nice. However the keyboard normally hits out of peoples price range. I'd take a look at this sites guide it should kind of direct you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

Ok thanks for the help everyone I decided to go for the K70 which will come tomorrow. I shall let you all know how I get on with it.