103 Fans Compared (mother of all fans comparison )

ahhming

Of course they are exaggerating. 

I just don't think this test is the best way to do things.

What would you suggest ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What would you suggest ?

Using a radiator.  Using multiple radiators with different fin densities. Place the anemometer after the straws and not before it. Need more info on the specific straws.  Straws are not a substitute for a radiator, which is what people will actually use.

I love the formatting that they used, but the test leaves me wanting.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Using a radiator.  Using multiple radiators with different fin densities. Place the anemometer after the straws and not before it. Need more info on the specific straws.  Straws are not a substitute for a radiator, which is what people will actually use.

I love the formatting that they used, but the test leaves me wanting.

So basically what you want is SP test ? 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So basically what you want is SP test ? 

Of course!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Of course!

Is there a guy humping the PC in your profile pic  ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Is there a guy humping the PC in your profile pic  ?

No.

No.

Then what is he doing ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Then what is he doing ?

*These are not the droids you are looking for*

... Isn't that what you do, standardize as many things as possible...

Usually yes, but with radiators having different aerodynamic resitances, that still would not completely solve the problem ....

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Usually yes, but with radiators having different aerodynamic resitances, that still would not completely solve the problem ....

I'm not saying test every rad or style but a high end standard one.

Comparing rads can be does the same, just standardize on one fan.

Also if you've got a rad hooked up might as well take some temps while your at it cause I mean why not?

A lot of fans, but not really any info I can use.

I am most interested in noise levels vs air moved at minimum fan speeds. Or actually testing what minimum fan speeds are.

Instead, it shows 7V noise levels where most fans will have a differing speed range and max speed.

This way we can compare 2 fans operating at a certain RPM and see which one moves more air, but then you can also look at noise.

Although they did a 30db chart, i want to see much lower noise levels as well. I'm not going to have 3-5 case fans running at 30db each. 

I can probably use this for when I decide which fans I decide to use on a Mineral Oil cooled build. Best RPM and noise be fucked seeing it's all going under fluid.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.