NSA and XBone Kinect. (Not News)

Keen_Interest

Explains my view on the whole thing.

Google has tons of data about us. All of their services are automated according to that data. As far as we know, that's all they're doing with it, and that's all they probably want to do with it. There's just too much info to sift through, even with isolating keywords and logging it. It still needs to be verified even if it throws up a red flag, etc. Too much effort involved.

NSA taps trillions of calls, great. Are they recording it all? Probably not. If it is indeed keyword triggered, keywords can be used out of context and will need to be verified before any action is taken. The verification itself can take forever depending on how much recorded data is present, and I'd imagine only conversations that have multiple keywords that trigger a red flag would be recorded. The more red flags, the more serious the threat, potentially. Multiple trigger words could also be out of context.

The short version: They can monitor our every move. Whether or not it's practical to monitor every single individual is a different story entirely.

I'm not worried. I know people who are panic-stricken and threatening to go off grid because of it. Ironically, the very same people who claim to be "off the grid" regularly use Facebook. I'm not sure they even know what "off the grid" means.

your looking at now

im looking at  the future

10 years 20 years etc

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

your looking at now

im looking at  the future

10 years 20 years etc

The future is far too uncertain to be making any sort of prediction.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2