Asrock Extreme 6

Jarmore

So, I decided to post my experience with this motherboard. Initial thoughts are that it's absolutely fantastic. The bonus USB 3 IO was great for the front of my HAF 922. But how ever, I've had this board for close to about 5 months now or something. And I have to say I do NOT like it. It seems to hinder my 670's performance. I get no where NEAR the performance I should be getting. However it does overclock quite nicely, though I credit that to my chip as it's an insane overclocker. Does easily what most people struggly to achieve. My computer random blue screens of fresh installs sometimes and gets progessively worse if I don't wipe after a certain amount of time. Very annoying. I would NOT reccomend this board  after the use I've had with it.

There are at least 4 extreme 6 motherboards from Asrock.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

And it's not a review it's a hate speech.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

One bad experience with one bad board. It's electronic, things are bound to happen both negatively and positively. It's luck of the draw that you get a board that works perfectly throughout it's entire estimated lifespan. Nothing is perfect.

Besides, thousands of other people like this board; ASRock makes good products. Don't let one bad experience bring you down.

Man you didn`t say which board, what CPU ?

If something hinders your 670 performance usual suspect would be lowbie CPU not mobo !

Anyway ASRock came a long way from "poor grade" manufacturer to a rather big player in the market, and you don`t do that by selling crapy products.

You cant say its the motherboards fault until you have tested the graphics card with a different motherboard. 

i have no idea which motherboard you speak of ... what cpu are you using?

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Motherboard - ASROCK Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570k 3.4GHz Quad-Core

I have nothing bad to say about the board. I was doing to get the extreme 4 until I saw that the extreme 6 came with the RAM I wanted and ended up even being cheaper and much better. I think that the board looks nice. Had all of the connectors I needed and plenty of USB ports and so on as well as the "correct" placing on the motherboard for cables. I have not done any over clocking as I am fine with the way it is now and all I  have the the stock heat sink.

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7