Wannabe Enthusiast-watercooling

Hey guys,

I've just gotten a new case (Fractal XL R2 from an IN-Win Sh!trider) and I'm feeling really good about the possibilities. I'm running a 3820 at 4.4ghz (yea, I figured out how to OC it after about a year of having it) on a P9x79 board and I feel cooling is going to be my next adventure. I'm currently modding a window into the side of the case, which I don't recommend...the sound-deadening material is a biatch to get off. Here's my dilemma: the cooler I have right now is a 120mm closed loop radiator running two unnamed fans (I bought this before I knew anything about computers other than I needed a graphics card) and I feel it's time for a change with it. I am debating on whether to save my ducats up for a custom loop or go with a 240 closed loop system.

I'm apprehensive about setting up a custom system because of the cost and the possibility of frying my system. Also, I'm wanting to change my graphics card and chip out at some point too. 

I'm going to be buying a few SP120 fans from corsair here soon to help out in the meantime.

Thanks for the advice in advance,

[HTi]Lewis

PS: I bought this system from cyberpower pc and, while I thought it was a good deal at the time, I would have done a lot of things differently in hindsight. 

Wannabe enthusiast...proud owner of a 2005 STi though. BRAAAP!

kinda depends on what your temperatures are now and what you feel is a better

temperature to use. yes, it can get expensive but getting the right hardware can

prevent quote "because of the cost and the possibility of frying my system." really

any frying is usually user error.

build specs and temps please..

airdeano

If you go an read the Watercooling FAQ sticky you will find a lot of information there.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Have a look at the Swiftech H220. It's a closed loop system but a good one and has been proven that it has enough grunt to add radiators or GPU waterblocks down the track if you want to go that way in future. In other words. It's a good cooler for now and has expandability in future if you would like. Priced similar to a H100i as well...