Does anybody have an idea of what will happen to Windows RT?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

From what I've seen the battery life isn't that fantastic. So yes, it "obliterates" the others at multitasking but that's it.

It has a nice screen but I can't even use it because it doesn't support the file formats I use for my videos (10bit H.264).

If it works for you then great! I think it's unfair to say that the only complaint people have is "no apps" though, and even if it was that's still a huge issue. In fact, it's the most common reason I hear people say when asked why they don't want to switch to a Linux distro.

I'm sad to hear that you didn't like my picture. If you like your Surface 2 then that's good. For some people like me the other products on the market are far superior though, including Windows 8 tablets.

Yeah but I use Netflix so the screen is all good.

An SP3 is next on the list, or 4 by that time.

Also heard rumors about a Surface Mini.

I am a Surface fanboy and I know it.

First you said it obliterates iOS and Android in some aspects and that the only complain you've heard is "no third party app", and now you're saying "there isn't much wrong with it for students who just need a tablet for Office/Skype".

There is a huge difference between those two statements.

I agree with you that if you only really need Office and Skype then it's decent. Not exactly something you'd proudly put on the box, right?

Eh well sure either obliterates them in multitasking with that split screen :P and battery life.

Those are the aspects.

Also come on, it has a nice screen, good for video watching.

Apps are lacking but the basic things it does pretty well.

@LAwLz

We discussed this to death and I can agree the apps are lacking, it does have the basic apps however and that is good enough for me and other people who need the bare essentials which work well, along with Office.

I get the hate it gets, it's a gimped I windows and that is not really something to be proud of.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and be happy that we were able to keep it civil, apparently I am an exception for which the Surface 2's use case does work and I am okay with that. :P

Edit: Oh the bad joke picture -_- forget the civil part

Eh well sure either obliterates them in multitasking with that split screen :P and battery life.

Those are the aspects.

Also come on, it has a nice screen, good for video watching.

Apps are lacking but the basic things it does pretty well.

From what I've seen the battery life isn't that fantastic. So yes, it "obliterates" the others at multitasking but that's it.

It has a nice screen but I can't even use it because it doesn't support the file formats I use for my videos (10bit H.264).

We discussed this to death and I can agree the apps are lacking, it does have the basic apps however and that is good enough for me and other people who need the bare essentials which work well, along with Office.

I get the hate it gets, it's a gimped I windows and that is not really something to be proud of.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree and be happy that we were able to keep it civil, apparently I am an exception for which the Surface 2's use case does work and I am okay with that. :P

Edit: Oh the bad joke picture -_- forget the civil part

If it works for you then great! I think it's unfair to say that the only complaint people have is "no apps" though, and even if it was that's still a huge issue. In fact, it's the most common reason I hear people say when asked why they don't want to switch to a Linux distro.

I'm sad to hear that you didn't like my picture. If you like your Surface 2 then that's good. For some people like me the other products on the market are far superior though, including Windows 8 tablets.

Yeah but I use Netflix so the screen is all good.

An SP3 is next on the list, or 4 by that time.

Also heard rumors about a Surface Mini.

I am a Surface fanboy and I know it.