If the PS4 and/or Xbone was a list on PCPP.com what would it be?

MLG Doge

^^

Sorry if this is a repost.

please use :

www.pcpartpicker.com

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

why

I'm curious.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

saved

Edit: 
X1 + 60$ controller

CPU: AMD 5350 2.05Ghz Quad-Core Processor  ($55.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: ECS KAM1-I(1.0) Mini ITX AM1 Motherboard  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X 1GB Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $339.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 03:42 EST-0500

PS4:

CPU: AMD 5150 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($48.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X Video Card  ($176.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $392.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 03:44 EST-0500

I gave the 270x 4gb's of vram and system ram 4 gb's because thats pretty much how it is 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

saved

Edit: 

X1 + 60$ controller

CPU: AMD 5350 2.05Ghz Quad-Core Processor  ($55.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X 1GB Video Card  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $339.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 03:42 EST-0500

PS4:

CPU: AMD 5150 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($48.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($42.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X Video Card  ($176.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $392.14
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 03:44 EST-0500

I gave the 270x 4gb's of vram and system ram 4 gb's because thats pretty much how it is 

Both the x1 and ps4 have 8 cpu cores. 

no one gives a shit about console cpus since there more of apu's rather than actual cpu's

The point is to build a pc as close to the consoles as possible. 

i got that dude...but building a pc as close to the in game performance rather than physical look/cores or other aspects

Do it right or don't do it at all. 

It would be pointless putting a 8C Piledriver CPU on there, higher stock clocks and such...

Kabini is much closer to the console's spec, even if some of the console games manage to use all 8 cores.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

It would be pointless putting a 8C Piledriver CPU on there, higher stock clocks and such...

Kabini is much closer to the console's spec, even if some of the console games manage to use all 8 cores.

You could underclock. 

no one gives a shit about console cpus since there more of apu's rather than actual cpu's

They are still CPU's, just that they include additional graphics processing capability. But I get your point.

FX8320 underclocked to 1.6.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

You could underclock. 

You could but you couldn't match the price of the consoles

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

You could but you couldn't match the price of the consoles

Hey look, you get the point I was trying to make. 

Bulldozer/module-based AMD cores are funny. 4 cores at 4ghz is pretty much equal to 8 cores at 2ghz, assuming they're the same architecture. There's some discrepancies of course but that's the gist of it.

The real kicker for consoles is the VRAM/DRAM. Seeing as they're essentially utilizing HSA, they slap an R7 GPU core and some DDR together instead of having a dedicated memory bus, VRAM etc. It still doesn't mean they have 8GB of VRAM to use since it's being shared. This isn't the poltically accurate description but I cannot be bothered to go deep into this atm.

Xbox one and PS4 are nearly identical in every way. The desktop equivalents would be the PS4 with a very underclocked R7 265X and Xbox One w/a very underclocked R7 260.

This is their pcpp list, as close to actual specs as possible:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor ($78.99 @ NCIX US)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital RE3 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.49 @ Amazon)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 1GB Core Edition Video Card ($108.00 @ Newegg)

Case: Zalman Z5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.99 @ Directron)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)

Other: SteamOS / Mobile Windows / Android / SonyBS ($0.00)

Total: $442.42

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 07:00 EST-0500

That's without sales, promo codes, mail-in rebates, Amazon Prime/Newegg Whateverdealthings, etc. These are not the most efficient or the cheapest choices, just as close to 100% parity as you can get. Price is still almost exactly the same as a console. The main issue with making a pseudo-console is and will always be the custom PCB, the bulky parts being directly on the motherboard, PSU size, and case form factor.

I'm so fucking sick of this debate now. Hopefully this helps you understand.

Bulldozer/module-based AMD cores are funny. 4 cores at 4ghz is pretty much equal to 8 cores at 2ghz, assuming they're the same architecture. There's some discrepancies of course but that's the gist of it.

That's neat and all but OP selected a 2.0 ghz quad core for his xb1 build and a 1.6ghz quad for the ps4 build. 

Hopefully this helps you understand. 

They have 8 really shitty cores. Each core in that quad core is far better than each core in the Xbone and PS4. The CPU he picked out is probably far more powerful than the CPUs in the consoles even if you assume something was coded 100% optimally and could perfectly use all 8 cores.

You're essentially saying "My 8 bicycles are faster than your 4 motorcycles because I have more of them". For gaming, the quad core is better and that's what should matter.

FX8320 underclocked to 1.6.

An FX8320 at 1.6GHz would run circles around the Xbone and PS4 CPU. There is more to CPU performance than just number of cores * MHz.

They have 8 really shitty cores. Each core in that quad core is far better 

Prove this. 

Prove this. 

Oh damn I should have looked closer at the CPU he picked. The CPU he picked actually has the same architecture as the consoles. For some reason I thought the 5350 was Steamroller.

So yeah sorry in that case you were actually correct. If you look at the other build in this thread it has a quad core CPU using the Steamroller architecture and runs at 3.7GHz. Here are some benchmarks comparing a quad core Jaguar at 2.05GHz vs quad core Steamroller at 3.1GHz. As you can see, even if we assumed the consoles ran at 2GHz (they run at ~1.6GHz), and that going from a quad core to 8 core scaled linearly, it would still not be enough to match a quad core Steamroller at 3.7GHz.

That is before you take into consideration that not all 8 cores will be utilized as often as quad core. Even on consoles you will usually not be able to utilize all 8 cores perfectly efficiently, so when it comes to things that can only utilize 1-2 threads then the Steamroller CPU will, well, steamroll the octa core.

Jaguar are mobile cores. They are meant for lower power things like tablets and netbooks. It's AMD's equivalence of Atom. It is completely illogical to think that they are even close to the performance optimized desktop chips.

That's neat and all but OP selected a 2.0 ghz quad core for his xb1 build and a 1.6ghz quad for the ps4 build. 

Hopefully this helps you understand.

Hopefully you realize that you said "But consoles have octocore CPUs".

Hopefully you realize that you said "But consoles have octocore CPUs".

No, what I said was "Both the x1 and ps4 have 8 cpu cores. "

Also I recommend you read the rest of my post, and look at for example the build 3 posts before your "prove this" post. The octa core CPU in the consoles are still shit. For 21 dollars more the 860K will run circles around the 5350.

You were clearly trying to make it sound like you believe the desktop needed 8 cores to match the consoles, even going as far as to "like" the post recommending an FX8320 and underclocking it to 1.6GHz. Now that would be something worthy of the title "retarded" because that would be far more expensive than just getting a decent quad core, and it would still run circles around the CPUs in the consoles.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Memory: Wintec Value 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($33.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($33.60 @ Adorama)
Storage: Hitachi Travelstar Z5K500 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card  ($129.36 @ Amazon)
Case: Silverstone ML07B HTPC Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: FSP Group 300W 80+ Certified SFX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Mwave)
Other: ASROCK C2750D4I Server board W/ Intel Avoton C2750 ($379.99)
Total: $730.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-09 16:10 EST-0500

Best I can do in terms of specs, to get the closest parts possible.

8 Core atom (Bay trail is Intel's version of Kabini)

6GB DDR3+2GB GDDR5

1024 core GCN video card

500GB 2.5" HDD

It's not cheap, but it's the closest you can get to matching the benchmarks.