Damsel in distress!!!

GallifreyGirl
Thanks to Willson94 I have now changed to a Corsair Force Series 3 240GB SSD :)
not going to pretend I know the subtle difference between SSD's that one should be great haven't heard any bad news about it

Quick question: What PSU do people recommend getting?
you did say you will probably SLI so you're going to want the 750W, but if you've changed your mind then the 600W recommended below would be fine

Just what I was thinking Willson. It will never hurt a great deal to get a PSU too big. Gives you room to expand in the future whilst only being very slightly less efficient in the mean time. Where as a PSU too small means buying a new one later on.

Yeah I still want to. I think I'll stick with this PSU as it gives me more expansion possibilities.

I had a mess around with it and saved you some cash and improved it all round

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£158.99 @ Aria PC)

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BL 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler (£59.96 @ Scan.co.uk)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£101.98 @ Dabs)

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.99 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£52.74 @ Aria PC)

Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£76.79 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card (£219.98 @ Novatech)

Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£94.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£12.98 @ Scan.co.uk)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£67.99 @ Aria PC)

Total: £879.39

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-23 21:04 GMT+0000)

High end air cooler well probably the very best it will kick the H100i into next week unless you have restricted airflow and it is a lot cheaper (stock fans are good not as good as noctua's but well they are brown) 80+ gold dosent really mean a whole lot the XFX I included is very reliable and cheaper however the silverstone is a great unit regardless cheaper RAM the dominator is kind of pointless its more for overclocking and well that wont gain you any performance the GPU is cheaper and unless you use CUDA performs (citation needed) better on the catalyst 13.1 drivers the motherboard is a great overclocker and has great features for the price and finally the SSD and HDD the Barracuda willbe slightly faster than a Caviar Green/Blue and they are significantly cheaper as long as you dont get a chinese one you will be fine and the SSD I wouldnt normaly recommend the 840 over the 830 but I cant find the 830 cheaper so you may as well get an 840

firstly the build is different for a very good reason the parts are not only superior but cheaper as I already explained.

secondly if you can call 3 small accents 2 of which would be invisible behind the CPU cooler (as will the RAM to respond to WaspishVyper) a large amount on a board that other wise fits the color scheme near perfectly (before you even mention the PCB its dark enough it will appear black/blue under the LEDs) then you are doing something wrong.

also WaspishVyper.

please cease in bad mouthing overclockers they are one of the best retailers of PC components in the UK and have faultless customer service if you have had a bad experience in the past as is possible with any company that is unfortunate however does not compare to the other many thousands who have had faultless service you cannot judge them based on a single event.

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

I would not recommend the Force Series 3 it has had several reliability issues and will nneither match the lifetime or speed of other SSD's such as the Samsung 840/830 or the OCZ Vector that are possibly the best SSD's on the market today

I am also looking into buying a gaming chair. Is a Need4Seat chair worth the money?

Hey there GallifreyGirl so when might you have all the parts?

Also here are some of my builds

1. DNA - Main Gaming Rig - Red Gecko <-Press There
  2. DNA - Mobile Gaming Rig - Blue Gecko <-Press There
  3. DNA - Home Server Rig - Black Gecko <- Press There

Thanks Gecko

Gecko_Sig.jpg

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Hey there GallifreyGirl so when might you have all the parts?

Also here are some of my builds

1. DNA - Main Gaming Rig - Red Gecko <-Press There
  2. DNA - Mobile Gaming Rig - Blue Gecko <-Press There
  3. DNA - Home Server Rig - Black Gecko <- Press There

Thanks Gecko

Gecko_Sig.jpg

Hopefully in a week or two :)

Just wanted other peoples opinions before I went and ordered everything.

yeah i'd probably take the 840 over the force3 didnt know about the issues with the force3 though

as I recall they resolved MOST of the major issues as it stands ther are still a few concerns though

From experience in my phantom 410, mount the radiator before the motherboard or you won't be able to get the screws into the fans unless you go with a pull config, other than that looks good. very similar to my pc.
I have the gun metal 410. You can install the h100 after the mobo is in, but don't expect to do push pull, no room at all lol. It can be tight though so would probably good idea to do it before like wasp said.

As far as I know it was the 120GB That had the problems. The 240GB has solid 9/10s on the majority of sites.

From experience in my phantom 410, mount the radiator before the motherboard or you won't be able to get the screws into the fans unless you go with a pull config, other than that looks good. very similar to my pc.
Yeah, todayI had a mess around with my case fans and realised I couldn't get to my fan screws due to the motherboard being in the way. Ill definitely be mounting the radiator first!

When it comes to chairs the best I've ever owned is http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101/

​It's incredibly comfortable and really sturdy. It's also quite a bit cheaper than the need4seat ones, and in my opinion at least looks a lot nicer.

Yeah I've seen that one. Nice chair. I think I'll wait a little bit. I'm pushing my budget as it is :P