building new computer. need help + what do u think. linus please take a look

Case: Cooler master HAF X

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.sniper 5 or Asus VI extreme (ROG)

Grafikcard (GPU): Gtx 780. dont know witch one yet (the new asus when its realesed)

CPU: Intel haswell 4770k

Memory (RAM) 16gb  but i want a fast one. 2000+ and cl9 /10

SSD: dont know yet 240gb

Cooling: Corsair hydro h110 or cooler master eisberg 240l prestige

Power supply is corair ax860 platinum 

and noctua fans for case etc.

Now some questions.

First of all Motherboard. should i pick the sniper 5 or the extreme, both cost the same, im gonna overclock alittle but mostly im gonna play games.

second question. what do you guys think about my memory, i want 16gb but i want a good and fast one. dont care how much it costs just dont overkill but about 250dollars.

third question. about my cooling, h110 or eisberg 240L, will both fit my case and whats the best.

fouth is my case what do u guys think, just dont mention the size, should i pick a better case. (same price)

Please help me here. thanks!

The motherboard i dont know so much about Personaly i just build a new PC with also the HAF X the ax860 so i know those are great parts. Also i think 2ghz memory is a bit overkill if you are going to play games mostly so you should go with 16gb 1866mhz in 2 dimms. The 2 dims are important it takes less stress from your cpu and is upgradable to 32gb in the future.

Also about you CPU the haswell becnhmarks 3770k vs 4770k you only gain 1 MORE FPS IN GAMES!!!! you should rather go with the last gen CPU with a Z77 motherboard. you will save some money that way.

The SSD you should go with a intel 520 series. I am using one right now with W8 it boots in about 8 seconds. Its amazing <333

The GPU is great i would go with either the EVGA ACX cooling or ASUS direct CU II

The HAF X i have way too much space left with the components i have so its big enough for you ^^

or

The last thing i see is that you have not included a HDD to hold the games on i would recommend you WD 2tb black or 1tb

hi marcus, yeah but sure i will play alot. but also overclocking. so seems the haf X it is, and the ax860. 
also i will buy the 4770k i want to overclock it.

now the most important questions is, Corsair h110 or cooler master eisberg 240l prestige

Gigabyte G1.sniper 5 or asus vi extreme (ROG)

also should i have push and pull on the cooling 

i assume everything will fit good

I would definitely not recommend getting an Extreme board, since these are optimized for extreme overclocking, and as you say, you only want to overclock a little, which would make the maximus Vi extreme a huge overkill. Also, the Extreme actually lacks some features the Maximus VI Formula will have, such as their supremeFX audio solution and the sexy thermal armor. I advice you to wait a little and grab a Maximus VI Formula once that's out - it looks better, still has great overclocking abilities and has that great audio solution - obviously it will most likely be cheaper than the extreme one, too.

Also, on your RAM, you don't really need extremely fast memory when gaming, you might want to check again if you're not overpaying. 16GB also is more than enough for anything a rather hardcore gamer would ever want to do. Remember that all RAM will be "full" after a while, which is not a problem, since modern operating systems use up all your memory to cache certain things - and deletes the oldest data on the RAM when it needs to cache something new. You'll only benefit from that amount of RAM when you've actually got an application that benefits from caching a great amount of data simultaneously, such as video editing software. You only need high memory bandwith when you use something like virtualization, which means that basically multiple "computers" access the same RAM - obviously having more memory bandwith helps with performance there.

Other than that, I think the parts are fine, but really make sure you're not unnecessarily overpaying.

i7 4770K - Maximus VI Formula - GTX 780 Ti - Corsair 900D 

hi marcus, yeah but sure i will play alot. but also overclocking. so seems the haf X it is, and the ax860. 

also i will buy the 4770k i want to overclock it.

now the most important questions is, Corsair h110 or cooler master eisberg 240l prestige

Gigabyte G1.sniper 5 or asus vi extreme (ROG)

also should i have push and pull on the cooling 

i assume everything will fit 

I dont really know if the h110 will fit :/

but ive asked around here latley about the h100i in P/P and its supposed to work with 2 fans on the rad and 2 200mm fans on top and i think you should open a post or search around about the CM or Corsair coolers and which is best. I have only heard things about the Corsair products soo far. Also you should open a post about the h110 because i cant help you with that. so if you cant find any info of the h110 maybe you should switch to the h100i

And yes deffenetly P/P with this case its designed for airflow

yeah good answers, well about overclocking, yes i said i will opverclock alittle, but now when i think about it i might over clock more. but still not extreme, should i still get the gigabyte one?. 

and about the ram im also using photoshop ^^ 

thanks and keep this thread alive 

yeah good answers, well about overclocking, yes i said i will opverclock alittle, but now when i think about it i might over clock more. but still not extreme, should i still get the gigabyte one?. 

and about the ram im also using photoshop ^^ 

thanks and keep this thread alive 

Msi has a nice overclocking friendly board for both Z77 and Z87 called the M-Power its litterly made for overclocking and they are even hand tested in 24 hours so you are guarantied quality from those mobos

Awesome build, I suggest the Swiftech H220 for CPU cooling. Outstanding to say the least and it's only $20 more than the hydro.

firstly it all depends on if you are going to air cool your system. if you plan on water cooling your system then i would go with the H220 as you can expand the system. and it also has better performance then the H110. if you watercool the mobo then the H220 is still the best solution as you dont need a separate loop just for the mobo

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

well what do you guys think about the case 

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Svart

couse atm i might buy that one. 

please dont mention looks, mention only the performance when comparing the haf x and the XL R2

well what do you guys think about the case 

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Svart

couse atm i might buy that one. 

please dont mention looks, mention only the performance when comparing the haf x and the XL R2

I think those cases are equal the inside is preety much alike. and btw are you norwegian? cuz svart means black in norwegian

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Microcenter) 
Motherboard:  Asus Z87-PRO ATX  LGA1150 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($129.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($659.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $2207.17
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-16 13:09 EDT-0400)

I put it in USD as I don't know what is the easiest currency for you to convert.

So I decided the Swiftech H220 would be better for you (others agreed as well). For the motherboard, if you want to stick with Asus (seems to be the only brand you were considering), I would go with the Z87-Pro as it has plenty of features and is a very fair price. For RAM, I stuck with the classic beautiful Corsair Dom Plats, 16GB with 2 sticks to allow you to upgrade in the future. For storage, two Samsung 840 Pros in RAID 0 for your OS and programs would be blisteringly fast. For all your other storage, a 1TB WD Caviar Black. Note: I went for Samsung 840 Pro and caviar black as they each have 5 year warranties over their 3 year products. The video card, I basically chose that EVGA as a placeholder GTX 780, I would suggest either Asus Direct CUII or MSI Twin Frozr whenever they are released. I kept the HAF XM as it's a very good case with fantastic air flow. I kept going with the Corsair AX860 as you literally can't go wrong with that. I also threw in a Windows 8 just because I wasn't sure what you are planning with the OS.

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler:  Swiftech H220 55.0 CFM  Liquid CPU Cooler  ($139.99 @ Microcenter) 
Motherboard:  Asus Z87-PRO ATX  LGA1150 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  ($659.99 @ Amazon) 
Case:  Cooler Master HAF XM (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($117.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $2207.17
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-16 13:09 EDT-0400)

I put it in USD as I don't know what is the easiest currency for you to convert.

So I decided the Swiftech H220 would be better for you (others agreed as well). For the motherboard, if you want to stick with Asus (seems to be the only brand you were considering), I would go with the Z87-Pro as it has plenty of features and is a very fair price. For RAM, I stuck with the classic beautiful Corsair Dom Plats, 16GB with 2 sticks to allow you to upgrade in the future. For storage, two Samsung 840 Pros in RAID 0 for your OS and programs would be blisteringly fast. For all your other storage, a 1TB WD Caviar Black. Note: I went for Samsung 840 Pro and caviar black as they each have 5 year warranties over their 3 year products. The video card, I basically chose that EVGA as a placeholder GTX 780, I would suggest either Asus Direct CUII or MSI Twin Frozr whenever they are released. I kept the HAF XM as it's a very good case with fantastic air flow. I kept going with the Corsair AX860 as you literally can't go wrong with that. I also threw in a Windows 8 just because I wasn't sure what you are planning with the OS.

Well. i bought the moderboard already.

well this is what i had inmind. 

Gigabyte G1.sniper 5

Cpu cooling: cooler Corsair h110

CPu: 4770k

Video card: gtx 780 guess ill go with Asus Direct CUII wheh they are released.

power supply:  AX860i corsair

memory: not sure yet

storage: western digital caviar 1tb

SSD. samsung 840 pro = 128 gb (2 of them in raid 0)

my problem atm is the Case, should i go with the HAF X OR should i go for example a fractal R2 XL

please help me pick the case = about 200 dollars 

The way I see it, they are both very functional. You should be asking yourself if you want loud and flashy, or quiet and reserved.

Well. i bought the moderboard already.

well this is what i had inmind. 

Gigabyte G1.sniper 5

Cpu cooling: cooler Corsair h110

CPu: 4770k

Video card: gtx 780 guess ill go with Asus Direct CUII wheh they are released.

power supply:  AX860i corsair

memory: not sure yet

storage: western digital caviar 1tb

SSD. samsung 840 pro = 128 gb (2 of them in raid 0)

my problem atm is the Case, should i go with the HAF X OR should i go for example a fractal R2 XL

please help me pick the case = about 200 dollars 

Did you buy your motherboard at Newegg? If so you got 8gb for crucial memory. 8gb is plenty for any type of gaming and photoshop. I have crucial memory (the exact same type that comes with your motherboard) and it works with no issues. Insane RAM speeds won't make too much of a difference, but the included RAM with your motherboard can probably be overclocked 1866Mhz.  

Space is pretty awesome.

no i didnt buy mine from newegg couse im froms sweden ! i bought mine from e retail store