General Questions for Future Upgrades :$

Sorkurie

Okay well currently my build is 

MOBO: Corsair V Formula Z

RAM: 16gb Vulcan 2400hrtz

PSU: Corsair 750w

Processor: AMD fx 6350 (6 core running at standard 3.9hrtz) Not overclock because still using stock fan

GPU: Gigabyte 770 4gb (Also not overclock) 

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower White

Monitor: Samsung 22inch HDMI tv, running at 1080p

I have two 120mm Fans on top case blowing out hot air. One fan on back blowing hot air. two fans on side sucking in cool air.

Here are my questions, Eventually I would like to upgrade my GPU to either a Gigabyte 970G1 or Gigabyte 980G1. 

What I want to know, is would it be better to get a single 980G1 or get two 970G1 and Sli? A single 980G1 is around $670 while dual 970G1 is just above $700.

I know graphics don't always make a game but, I love it when i can run my games at Max settings while still maintaining 60fps or more.

Also, If I do upgrade my GPU, would my processor bottleneck and cause my CPU to not run at its full potential? I was thinking of getting an AMD fx 8350 (8 core running at 4.0 hrtz) but everyone says it runs so hot that the stock fan doesn't work.

I know liquid cooling is great but I worry about leaking, so what other fans would work? I ordered a fan a while ago, (air fan) but it was HUGE and my processor slot is right next to my Ram so the fan didn't fit.

I'd appreciate any advice. :)

Matthew 

I'm guessing you meant Crosshair, not Corsair.

2x GTX970 is way better than 1x GTX980, unless in a case where SLI doesn't work for the game, then the 980 wins. If you were to go with a FX8320/8350/9590 etc, You'd be recommended to get after market cooling, a Corsair AIO is an amazing choice and they have stellar warranty if, in the unlikely event, it leaks. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm guessing you meant Crosshair, not Corsair.

2x GTX970 is way better than 1x GTX980, unless in a case where SLI doesn't work for the game, then the 980 wins. If you were to go with a FX8320/8350/9590 etc, You'd be recommended to get after market cooling, a Corsair AIO is an amazing choice and they have stellar warranty if, in the unlikely event, it leaks. 

^Pretty much this.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Alright, I'll look into dual 970s then, Price wise its not too far compared to a single 980. And yeah, I'll most likely get a Liquid cooling CPU cooler. Thanks!

If you decide to go with air cooling instead of water cooling then here are some good ones.

any noctua ones

dark rock pro 3 from be quiet!

for watercooling here are some good ones

most corsair ones

most nzxt ones

most cooler master ones

and any swiftech

make sure not to cheap out on the cooling because you do not want your cpu throttling because of overheating. also, watch sizes for air coolers because you don't want to order another one that doesnt fit.

an 8320 or an 8350 would be fine

two 970's would be killer!

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258/MOBO: MSI H81M-E33/GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x/RAM: Team Dark Series 8GB DDR3-1600mhz/HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB/Case: Corsair Spec-01/PSU: EVGA 500B 80-plus bronze 500 Watts/OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit