(Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons) Developer Announce Hazelight Project With EA

ahhming

Electronic Arts tonight announced that it will publish a game from new development team Hazelight, made up from members of the crew that built the highly regarded co-op puzzle adventure Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The announcement was made by chief operating officer Peter Moore, speaking at The Game Awards in Las Vegas.

A teaser video for the game (above) showed two men riding in the cargo truck of a train, at night. EA's Patrick Soderlund said the company is investing heavily in new IP, which he called "the lifeblood of the industry."

Source:
http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/5/7342857/Hazelight-from-brothers-ea

If it's as good as brothers, it's an instant buy for me. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I don't like Tale of two sons. Apparently I'm the only one that has this opinion.. but the game is super boring.

I'm talking about walking simulator-type boring. I bought it on steam while on sale (fall) and I regret it.

I played for about 2 hours before I noticed I wasn't having fun and I didn't find it interesting.

I just don't find the puzzles interesting enough/challenging. maybe 2 hours of gameplay wasn't enough? meh, I just can't be bothered to boot the game back up. sigh.

edit:

also there is no dialog because [insert atistic reason(s)] I need words man, subtle subtext or whatever is fine, just give me words I can understand too.

in the sims it doesn't matter what they say because, well, sims. but Tale of two brothers has a nice story (from what I can tell)

I'm just not interested in it enough because NO ONE TALKS.

I get what they're trying to get across every time, but I can't relate to some voiceless character. I'm very vocal myself IRL, if you want me to have "feels" for your character, he better talk.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I don't like Tale of two sons. Apparently I'm the only one that has this opinion.. but the game is super boring.

Yes, you are the only one with that opinion.

I'm talking about walking simulator-type boring.

Don't compare it to crap like Dear Ester.

I bought it on steam while on sale (fall) and I regret it.

That's a shame.

I played for about 2 hours before I noticed I wasn't having fun and I didn't find it interesting.

Do a full run through it, one sitting, no backround music or videos, just the game. It's 3-4 hours long

I just don't find the puzzles interesting enough/challenging.

It's suppose to a be relaxing game, not a challenge.

maybe 2 hours of gameplay wasn't enough?

That's half the game.

meh, I just can't be bothered to boot the game back up. sigh.

That's a shame, because the ending is the most powerful ending of a game/movie I have exer experienced, and this si coming from someone who cried after playing Portal 2

edit:

also there is no dialog because [insert atistic reason(s)] I need words man, subtle subtext or whatever is fine, just give me words I can understand too.

The point of not having words is that the story is suppose to be conveyed through the art and music, the hand gestures, actions, and reactions of the characters, etc. It's suppose to provide immersion into the game's universe. If you actually payed attention to the game (again no music or videos on the side) You would understand the story much better.

in the sims it doesn't matter what they say because, well, sims. but Tale of two brothers has a nice story (from what I can tell)

Yes, it does, and the ending made me cry, and I don't usually cry when I want games or movies.

I'm just not interested in it enough because NO ONE TALKS.

Then clearly you don't understand the story.

I get what they're trying to get across every time, but I can't relate to some voiceless character. I'm very vocal myself IRL, if you want me to have "feels" for your character, he better talk.

That sounds like a you problem

This is a retoast

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/264651-ea-publishing-next-project-from-brothers-director-josef-fares/

on topic of this game, i think its artsy trash, i got it free from PSN+ and played it co-op with my little brother, each of us having half the controller, it made it way more fun.

There was a lot of screen tearing, so these devs need to pick it up on optimization especially when the game looks really middling

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

hopefully ea doesn't try and rush this one out the door

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It's suppose to a be relaxing game, not a challenge.

So it's for casuals? that is no excuse.

Portal fits the 'casual' tag, yet somehow, it still manages to be challenging with superb story telling.

How is a 'puzzle' game not supposed to be challenging?

I thought that was the point of a puzzle; challenge. but it's not about the puzzles, is it? and that's why I can't stand it.

Like Dear Ester, it's not about the gameplay. its about the story.. ugh.

anyway, I did play without other distractions. It was 2AM and everyone was sleeping here, so I was fully emerged.

If a game doesn't hook me in the first hour(s), I'm never going to launch the thing again.

I only wish I could gift it to someone that hasn't played it, the thing just sits there now.

actually, all my games do except for The Binding of Isaac; now there's a challenge.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

This could actually be pretty good, remember i said "could" not will

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

0wFN4vt.jpg

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone