Led TV vs Monitor

ProjectX01

so can anyone tell me if there is really a huge difference between refresh rates and response time between the two? it's 2014 and maybe there isnt a significant difference between the two.

im thinking of either a 32" Led TV

or a 27" monitor. maybe even just a 24" one

They all have 60Hz refresh rate.

The input lag on the tv will be several times more than on a monitor, but this is only an issue if you play fps/competitive games.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They all have 60Hz refresh rate.

The input lag on the tv will be several times more than on a monitor, but this is only an issue if you play fps/competitive games.

is the difference really going to be that much noticeable? or is it negligible? 

Well I play on a tv that supposedly has close to 50ms response time while monitors usually have less than 8ms...

But I dont play fps so its not a problem for me. Using the PC normally it feels fine.

For comparison, the average person has a 250ms response time from when they see something.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well I play on a tv that supposedly has close to 50ms response time while monitors usually have less than 8ms...

But I dont play fps so its not a problem for me. Using the PC normally it feels fine.

For comparison, the average person has a 250ms response time from when they see something.

i see. ok thank you for the input. can i ask what size of the tv you're using?

i see. ok thank you for the input. can i ask what size of the tv you're using?

55"

Spoiler

55"

woaah. huge. ok then. i think im gonna go for the 32"

Without the 'Game mode' profile on my 55" TV it's HUGELY noticeable and basically for myself, unplayable. Huge delays (I'm talkin BF3/4 here, accurate shooting/aiming+speed to aim is pretty key to having an enjoyable experience)

But it's pretty bad, with Game mode profile enabled, it's playable, but not overly comfortable (at least on my TV, their all gunna be different to a degree)

I can get by playing most games in Game mode, but not those fast paced shoot em ups.

Monitor FTW unless watching Media :)

Think of a wireless mouse, on low batteries, and the delay between action and movement is noticeable, that effect is very similar to what my TV does without Game mode on.

(With game mode on, less of a thing, still can see it though, imagine 250-350ms down to 100ms or something) <-- thats what it feels/looks like.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

but you see, the response time of the TV or monitor goes on top of the the persons response time.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

but you see, the response time of the TV or monitor goes on top of the the persons response time.

yeah but a 10% more vs 1% more difference is hard to notice unless as i said you are playing fps or competitive games.

Spoiler