Razer customer service/RMAs

CGurrell

Hi Guys,

So I'm currently having a little trouble with Razer's RMA department. My Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 arrived damaged, so I sent it back to Razer. I bought it off of Amazon UK on sale for £79.99. Razer originally stated that they would replace the product once they had received it and confirmed the damage. The product was sent (£18 for a courier to send it to their RMA warehouse in Germany) and they confirmed they received the product a few days later.

This is where things start to go downhill. A different person to the one who I had originally spoken to had confirmed the damage, however he said that they had no replacements in stock to ship to me, and that as I had paid £79.99 for the keyboard, he offered me a voucher for the Razer UK store for the amount I purchased the keyboard for, £79.99. There's one problem with this however, on the Razer store, the only comparable they have is the Blackwidow Ultimate 2014, which has 2 major issues for me. The first is that it uses Razers green switches which Razer claims are better for gaming than the Cherry MX Blue switches used on the 2013 model. That's great for gaming, but I also use the keyboard for typing long essays for university. I can understand why Razer would only have the 2014 edition available on its store as it would like to sell more of the newer model. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is issue 2.

The keyboard on their store is £119.99, a full £40 more than I originally paid, and £40 more than I would have to have paid if either a) the product wasn't damaged on arrival, or b) they had a replacement keyboard to send out to me.

I rejected the voucher, stating that I would have to have spend £58 (diff + shipping) more than I needed to, to get a keyboard I didn't really want (I wanted the 2013 edition, not the 2014). At this point I feel I should mention that each email I sent was replied to within 1 working day. It has now been 6 working days since I sent that email. I have sent 2 more since, and have not received a reply to any of them. My keyboard is now in Germany, with me unable to get in contact with Razer to see what is happening with it. I have also tried calling the factory, but the number on Razers website just rings out every time I call.

Has anyone else had issues with Razer before, and have any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks

Chris

tl;dr: razer not replying after sending keyboard for RMA.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Conclusion: Razor = Ubisoft. Logitech = valve.

GG LOGITECH MASTER RACE.

No i have not experienced razor's customer support but i did for logitech and they are insane in terms of customer support (heck they will send you a new item without hesitating right after receiving the RMA and it comes with loads of apologetic messages too)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

eww..... *gaming* equipement

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Conclusion: Razor = Ubisoft. Logitech = valve.

GG LOGITECH MASTER RACE.

No i have not experienced razor's customer support but i did for logitech and they are insane in terms of customer support (heck they will send you a new item without hesitating right after receiving the RMA and it comes with loads of apologetic messages too)

Valve is a good company, don't get me wrong. Their customer service sucks royal ass though...

Valve is a good company, don't get me wrong. Their customer service sucks royal ass though...

(im saying in terms of games produced :P)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I switched to Logitech because me and my friends had a Naga that started to double click after a year, apparently its really common

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

I switched to Logitech because me and my friends had a Naga that started to double click after a year, apparently its really common

That's funny, because my G500 started double clicking on me after two years of use. I contacted Logitech support anf after three emails, and as many days later. They confirmed that they would ship me a G502, free of charge.

The only issues I had was on DHL's part. They dropped the mouse off three miles away from where I live.

I give Logitech support 10/10

Thanks guys, I've heard great things about Logitech before. I've gotta say I really can't fault the quality of razer products, my deathadder 2013 is great and the keyboard was damaged in shipping, not really their fault, their customer service is crap though.

I'm still looking for anyone else with bad (or contrarily, great) experience from Razer though, anyone had issues or have a lot of you had no problems?

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

yeah, thats kind of crappy... If they don't have a replacement in stock, they should give you the newer model for free. Aren't there consumer protection laws in the EU that are like 100 times more powerful then whats in the US?

Just a quick update, razer finally got back to me this morning saying basically that I can have either the promo code or a 2014 edition, and that they don't do repairs on peripherals. I've asked if they can simply send me back my original keyboard. What really gets me is that they didn't mention that there would be a change in model when I first contacted them about an RMA. I'll be sending a complaint through their customer service form, but I doubt that will do anything in particular.

I've had a look at a few tear downs of the keyboard and the back (the damaged part) seems to come off pretty easy, so I may try fixing it, or I might buy a broken version of the keyboard on eBay with a good back and simply swap the backs over.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I know I may be bumping this but I've got an update:

I eventually agreed to a 2014 edition keyboard as I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle any longer. The keyboard arrived today, and there's something odd about it. Some of the switches feel completely different to others, and the supposed tactile feedback doesn't seem to give, well, feedback.

Some keys (e.g. right arrow key) have no click, others (backspace) feel like they have a click -sometimes-, and most seem to have a very slight click, with the exception of the left arrow key which almost feels like a blue switch.

I'm guessing this isn't normal? And that I'll probably be paying out another £18 to send this back again?

-Snip-

Dang, talk about a bummer. Rough experience with customer support :/

The keyboard arrived today, and there's something odd about it. Some of the switches feel completely different to others, and the supposed tactile feedback doesn't seem to give, well, feedback.

Some keys (e.g. right arrow key) have no click, others (backspace) feel like they have a click -sometimes-, and most seem to have a very slight click, with the exception of the left arrow key which almost feels like a blue switch.

Razer's QC isn't very good but considering they are using cheaper switches it should be of a higher level. Razer are (to me) strictly gaming with just profit in their mindset.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

If a company's customer support is awesome, then that will show in customer retention.

If you keep the low amount of people who are having issues happy. Then they will in turn sell your products for you.

Example, @CGurrell. How likely are you to recommend Razer products to friends after what happened?

Razer's QC isn't very good but considering they are using cheaper switches it should be of a higher level. Razer are (to me) strictly gaming with just profit in their mindset.

You'd think wouldn't you?

If a company's customer support is awesome, then that will show in customer retention.

If you keep the low amount of people who are having issues happy. Then they will in turn sell your products for you.

Example, @CGurrell. How likely are you to recommend Razer products to friends after what happened?

I wouldn't. Simples. Better off spending the cash on a keyboard with Cherry MX switches (Probably gonna send this back, sell the replacement and get a K70 RGB). Don't get me wrong I love my Razer Deathadder, but there are other mouse with the same sensor out now (I think Logitech has one) which I would recommend over the deathadder.