Sound level dropped through HDMI.

zeros
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Things I can think of trying are...rebooting, and reinstalling audio drivers on your card. Also, you might have an issue with the audio output on your display. It might've died. Might've.

Also, check the OSD.

Hi guys I have a pair of headphones (pretty weak 106dB, but usually really loud). For whatever reason something like 2 or 3 days ago the volume got allot lower than it was, like half as loud. I tried it on my phone and the headphones work properly on it. 

My audio setup is HDMI from GPU to 24" screen and 3.5mm audio output from there to my headphones. I've checked there is no volume control on the monitor, and I only have one HDMI output and one HDMI input. Also the audio quality was allot better like this than through on-board audio. 

Every volume level on the PC is on maximum and Loudness Equalization is not helping much, 4-7%. In advanced I have it set to 24bit, 48000 Hz. Also the on-board audio works properly same loudness as it should be, but as I said I don't like it, it's not as good as it was through HDMI. As a last note, on the volume mixer I can't see the sound level moving like in the attached picture (green level indicator).

(Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, GPU: ATi HD 4670, monitor: LG 24" W2453V)

Volume_Mixer_-_Speakers_Realtek_High_Def

Thanks, and any help is appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Things I can think of trying are...rebooting, and reinstalling audio drivers on your card. Also, you might have an issue with the audio output on your display. It might've died. Might've.

Also, check the OSD.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Can you're sound card put out studio quality sound and why so high if youre speakers can't use not that I know a lot about sound so I'm taken a shot but updateinf the GPU should help or down grade it

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

Tried rebooting (not that I reboot all the time, I like sleep mode more :D), didn't help.Will try to reinstall drivers and will update this topic after that. As for the audio output... I do hope not :( it was noticeably better than my on-board one.

Can you're sound card put out studio quality sound and why so high if youre speakers can't use not that I know a lot about sound so I'm taken a shot but updateinf the GPU should help or down grade it

Sorry but your english makes little sense for me. Anyways as you suggested I gave it a try the settings where I changed to 24bit, 48000 Hz don't seem to help, also this setting was like that for a long time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Wohoo fixed it, I went on to google, this time with different keywords :). And was able to find the fix, the monitor does have volume control... but it's on a different part of the OSD, not in the settings. It was on 30%  :o . Thank you for your fast reply. You win an internet cookie :D. And if you edit your post adding: Check the screen OSD better, I'll mark it as solved :).

Edit: finally back to my volume setup, windows volume on 21% :D and YouTube 3% :). What a difference between that and now :). (So many emoticons)

And if you edit your post adding: Check the screen OSD better, I'll mark it as solved :).

Done.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Done.

483156_422624604460364_2055206906_n.jpg