Help me out with an oldschool Dell mobo :) [GX270]

So ive found a board not long ago with a P4 @ 2.66 in it and ive thought why not run some server on it.

Its a motherboard from a Dell GX270 system so its a non standard form factor board, ive managed to cram it in a mATX case (my first pc's case). Fired it up and all seemed well until i unpluged the power and pluged it back in, the cmos was cleared. The battery looked ok and shows 2.8v ive put a 3v one in and it droped it to 2.8v later.

So the problem is in the cmos battery circuit. If by chance anyone has heard of this problem it would be nice if you could share.

I know its a 10 year old system, but i find it interesting to work on those, and ive put some work to fit the board into the case seems a waste to throw a working board away due to such a problem.

Ive been searching for a diagram/schematic on how a the cmos is powered that is when the PSU is plugged in and when its using the battery, but nothing came up, i suppose its standard in most systems so if anyone has something could you post it ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

well back in the day befor buttons we had to use jumper to clear cmos. are there any jumper headers near the battery that are bridged?

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Ive checked it there are only 2 jumpers on the board and the RTC or cmos clear is unbridged.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)