They tell us not to buy their games, but we want to play them.

I am a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the last release in the franchise was a mess. I played it, I still love the franchise, I think they are handling the situation pretty well (if they deliver on their promises).

But I don't want gaming to become like that, I know the companies are releasing more and more unfinished / unpolished games, making us pay a lot of money for it, and its not OK.

Linus and a lot of people say: If you want this to change don't buy their games, these companies think with their wallet. And I think they are right.

But a lot of people also want to play those games, and if lets say: I don't play the next Assassin's Creed Game so they see their profits going down. I will be 2 years without playing a new Assassin's Creed.

The only idea I had was that if a lot of gamers, DECLARE they will all :

• Not pre-order any games
  • Wait at least one week after the release so they can see the reviews of their trusted reviewers ( independent reviewers, youtubers, not payed under the table by the publisher )
  • And if they are convinced by the reviews that the developers have sent a finished product, that is worth playing only then will they buy the game.

Because I am ready to wait one week after the release to see if the game is worth playing or not. BUT we need to let the publishers know that if they do not deliver a good finished game, we will not even bother to try it.

If any one thinks we should do this or has any points or ideas on how to refine this strategy, comment please.

We need to work as a group if we want to change the industry.

I have started a petition if any of you want to sign it: https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-ubisoft-release-finished-games

If you have any suggestions on changes that need to be made to the petition go ahead. 

I have started with Ubisoft and EA that are targetted by the petition but if any other publishers need to be added tell me

You realize people like TotalBiscuit are trying to make people do this, but they will never be able to do it, yes?

Unless you completely capture the attention of a majority of PC gamers and console gamers, which is not an easy thing to do, something like this won't succeed. People will still make the idiotic mistake of preordering and buying before any embargo is lifted. And the game companies would just throw in more lucratrive bullshit to make people continue to preorder.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Even though Ubisoft keep digging, I will probably still buy their games, I the love AC/FC series. 

Please no hate!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Great idea on paper but in reality unless we get someone big to promote this petition then it's not going any where. It's kinda sad but it is true. People will see the game launch then see gameplay within a day and buy it.

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Even though Ubisoft keep digging, I will probably still buy their games, I the love AC/FC series. 

Please no hate!

Exactly what i was thinking.  But if we do this, I can wait one week to see if its good and then decide. 

Great idea on paper but in reality unless we get someone big to promote this petition then it's not going any where. It's kinda sad but it is true. People will see the game launch then see gameplay within a day and buy it.

Your rigth but that is the magic of the internet. If we start a petition, and every youtuber who talks about this directs its public there, and if people from everywhere in the community talk about it in the forums we can do it. I have seen some petitions that have worked in the past and I am sure we can do something about it

You realize people like TotalBiscuit are trying to make people do this, but they will never be able to do it, yes?

Unless you completely capture the attention of a majority of PC gamers and console gamers, which is not an easy thing to do, something like this won't succeed. People will still make the idiotic mistake of preordering and buying before any embargo is lifted. And the game companies would just throw in more lucratrive bullshit to make people continue to preorder.

I realize it is not an easy task, but it must be done! 

How about this you start a petition and post it.

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Please no hate!

I am preordering a Kangaroo in your neighborhood, it's trained to beat you until you repent.

On a more serious note, it's about individual willpower. You can tell by my avatar that I am vry much into Witcher and despite CDPR being a rare studio that deserves commitment, I haven't preordered it.

I am also very much into DA but I boycott any additional DRM's. I couldn't simply ignore Inquisition so I spent 2 weekends with a peasant to scratch that Dragon Age itch. I don't really know what kind of message EA/Bioware will extract from the lost sale, but I drew the lines on DRM and preorders and I am sticking with them.

A lot of gamers are suckers, especially on the consoles, I have no illusions about a united consumer front vs. preorders but that doesn't mean people should give up.

Watch this to get motivated to spread the message:

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I do love the idea and even I had been saying things like that myself, but I am totally aware that this scenario is highly unlikely until i guess games and game publishers/devs start putting out so many unfinished/broken games that the PC gaming community just cannot take it anymore. Then there's also the fanboy/fangirls of certain game series or even companies who will always get their games regardless of how good/bad they are and then there's the ignorant people who don't do their small bit of homework on a game/company before making a purchase.

One problem with your last point is that if game reviewers hand out copies of their "finished" games what's there to say that the "review" copy wasn't just a mish-mash of all the good things of the game and that the final release would be something a bit different than what the reviewers got? Then you also have the issue of paid promotion/reviews, you know the type, the ones that take on "bribes" to say good stuff on what could be a terrible game all just to make a quick buck but the cost is that it may misinform consumers like us into purchasing a poor quality product.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

I do love the idea and even I had been saying things like that myself, but I am totally aware that this scenario is highly unlikely until i guess games and game publishers/devs start putting out so many unfinished/broken games that the PC gaming community just cannot take it anymore. Then there's also the fanboy/fangirls of certain game series or even companies who will always get their games regardless of how good/bad they are and then there's the ignorant people who don't do their small bit of homework on a game/company before making a purchase.

One problem with your last point is that if game reviewers hand out copies of their "finished" games what's there to say that the "review" copy wasn't just a mish-mash of all the good things of the game and that the final release would be something a bit different than what the reviewers got? Then you also have the issue of paid promotion/reviews, you know the type, the ones that take on "bribes" to say good stuff on what could be a terrible game all just to make a quick buck but the cost is that it may misinform consumers like us into purchasing a poor quality product.

I was talking about consumer reviewers that's why, Reviewers that would buy the consumer copy of the game, and then make a review without any contact with the publisher

sign the petition https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-ubisoft-release-finished-games

I am preordering a Kangaroo in your neighborhood, it's trained to beat you until you repent.

On a more serious note, it's about individual willpower. You can tell by my avatar that I am vry much into Witcher and despite CDPR being a rare studio that deserves commitment, I haven't preordered it.

I am also very much into DA but I boycott any additional DRM's. I couldn't simply ignore Inquisition so I spent 2 weekends with a peasant to scratch that Dragon Age itch. I don't really know what kind of message EA/Bioware will extract from the lost sale, but I drew the lines on DRM and preorders and I am sticking with them.

A lot of gamers are suckers, especially on the consoles, I have no illusions about a united consumer front vs. preorders but that doesn't mean people should give up.

Watch this to get motivated to spread the message:

How about this you start a petition and post it.

Please no hate!

Sign the Petition https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-ubisoft-release-finished-games

My only question is why do you want to play a broken "new" version of nearly the same game you played last year?

My only question is why do you want to play a broken "new" version of nearly the same game you played last year?

you dont buy the new games that come out every year?

you dont buy the new games that come out every year?

Yes the actual new ones. Or I buy older games I never got to play or ones that get remastered and I'd like to replay on PC. There are so many games and with the amount of time at play I'd rather focus on the good ones, may they be new or old, rather than the newest ones that always come out yearly.

A example. I just recently started playing metro 2033 because the redux came out. I also recently purchased a bundle of all currently available Final Fantasy PC games from newegg.

hopefully people are only willing to get screwed over so much before they stop giving in to the hype. It's not like we pre-order new cars of home appliances

• Wait at least one week after the release so they can see the reviews of their trusted reviewers ( independent reviewers, youtubers, not payed under the table by the publisher )
  • And if they are convinced by the reviews that the developers have sent a finished product, that is worth playing only then will they buy the game.

I agree, but one shouldn't need an AC: Unity-level of nonsense to spur them to do this. These tips are what make you a responsible, informed consumer to begin with. You shouldn't refuse to pre-order because you're worried the game will be a mess—you should refuse to pre-order because paying any company for an unfinished product based on their own promises is a silly thing to do.

That said, I don't have any problem buying on launch day if I'm satisfied that enough trustworthy information has been made available about the game. A full week is unnecessary in most cases, unless a patch is needed and I'm waiting for it.

I agree completely 110% with boycotting publishers that release half-baked games and with spreading the word that nobody should pre-order any game.

However, there are some issues at hand that unfortunately will be very difficult (but not necessarily impossible) to overcome. We live in the age of getting what we want, when we want it. Most people are very impatient and by pre-ordering, they know they will get that game the moment it's available. A lot of people buy on impulse because it's part of a well known franchise or carries a certain name association, with little to no thought given as to if the finished product will actually be good (or even finished in the first place). Even if it's a POS, they will play it and grind through it. Too many people are doing this, blindly following the publisher like lemmings, eating up the crap they drop and purchasing that crap before it's even been dropped.

Jimquisition said it brilliantly; The publishers should have to earn our money by making better quality games that are finished on day one and then, only then, will they get our cash. We can change the industry by voting with our wallets. I have vowed not to pre-order anything and not buy any Ubisoft game unless I know for sure (via reviewers like Total Biscuit etc.) that it is in fact a good, finished and polished game that is worth my hard-earned dollar. I don't know at what point we thought it was OK or acceptable to buy new games that aren't complete, but it's not right.

I only fear that the efforts of those of us who are totally for implementing this movement will be overshadowed by the lemmings who don't care and want a new game from their favorite franchise every year, regardless of quality and continue to pre-order and buy stupid DLC content.

The change.org petition is a good start, but we need more publicity on this. We already have TB, LTT and a few other big youtubers saying we need to stop pre-ordering games and buying games even if they're junk/not finished, but IMO, they aren't pushing this hard enough. It's been more of a side note. An "oh, btw, don't do this..." sort of thing. I think we need to contact Linus, TekSyndicate, TB, Jayztwocents, Barncules, Austin Evans, ReviewtechUSA, basically ALL the big tech/gaming youtubers to push videos specifically addressing this topic to get people to stop pre-ordering games. It needs to be pushed on reddit too, huge audience there. Perhaps then, after reaching that many people, enough will take note and see the common sense behind it and see the truth that the publishers have had us eating whatever they regurgitate out of the palm of their hands. That really is the down and dirty of it.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I am a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise, the last release in the franchise was a mess. I played it, I still love the franchise, I think they are handling the situation pretty well (if they deliver on their promises).

But I don't want gaming to become like that, I know the companies are releasing more and more unfinished / unpolished games, making us pay a lot of money for it, and its not OK.

Linus and a lot of people say: If you want this to change don't buy their games, these companies think with their wallet. And I think they are right.

But a lot of people also want to play those games, and if lets say: I don't play the next Assassin's Creed Game so they see their profits going down. I will be 2 years without playing a new Assassin's Creed.

The only idea I had was that if a lot of gamers, DECLARE they will all :

Because I am ready to wait one week after the release to see if the game is worth playing or not. BUT we need to let the publishers know that if they do not deliver a good finished game, we will not even bother to try it.

If any one thinks we should do this or has any points or ideas on how to refine this strategy, comment please.

And if anyone wants to start some kind of petition with those terms I will be the first to sign it, but we need to work as a group if we want to change the industry.

I have started a petition if any of you want to sign it: https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-ubisoft-release-finished-games

If you have any suggestions on changes that need to be made to the petition go ahead. 

I have started with Ubisoft and EA that are targetted by the petition but if any other publishers need to be added tell me

To be honest I think the bad ports will end after Xmas. Why? The ports are sabotage and this is to get weak minded people back on the consoles. MS is who has the money and the Xbox is selling so well in the wal-marts to uninformed people, that they may stop paying to screw over PC gaming once they have an install base on their console.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/1/7313551/study-xbox-one-crushes-the-competition-made-up-most-of-black-friday

Unless you can put up more money than MS to stop this crap? It isn't going to stop until MS has an install base on their console, so they can fleece people of money on things like Xbox Live and keep the Direct X monopoly secure before the launch of Windows 10, where they will with hold another API patch and probably some games from previous OS's.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2j7r9j/delivering_ubisoft_came_to_my_school_for_a/

You are all blaming Ubisoft. You should be blaming MS. Ubisoft has no reason to sabotage PC game releases unless they are being paid bank from someone who has everything to lose if the Xbox One ceased to be relevant and DirectX was abandoned.

MS is who kept Halo which was a PC game off PC. MS is who tried to charge us for Games for Windows Live and with holds Direct X from us, slowing adoption by the game devs. MS is who paid to keep the next Tomb Raider off PC for awhile, and KOTOR and ME 1 Before Xbox? NHL Hockey and Madden were on PC. Madden DEBUTED on the PC. MS is who is about to make DX 12 a Win 10 exclusive and probably go to a subscription based OS so that we pay like Xbox Live customers. 

Think long and hard about this. You pay MS 100 dollars every few years for an OS where they keep multiplat games off of PC with bribes to the developer. Yet people want to only point the finger at Ubisoft.

How do you stop it? Stop buying their OS's so developers are forced to use Mantle/OpenGL, which will never be held back on adoption with updates due to OS. Problem solved. 

In before Tek Syndicate, LTT, and all the other "independants" tell you how awesome Windows 10 is, along with all mainstream media (even though it is Windows 8 with classic shell and an api patch and probably more intrusive cloud BS you never wanted). 

Want to blame someone? Blame yourselves for continuing to buy MS OS's or worse buying Xbox's when the game runs like crap on Windows, when MS's only homegrown title they have given to gamers since Xbox is Forza. Other than that they made a decent controller that doesn't even work in the metro UI without poor third party integration, and Wireless can't be done on the XB1 controller and the 360 wireless requires a dongle that MS refuses to make anymore...

Why? Cus MS hates PC Gaming and they hate you. They just want you to pay them 100 bucks for an OS every few years where they can continue to screw you over, while everyone blames the devs who are given bags of money from MS to do what MS tells them to do lol. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

If there is one thing that I have ever learned throughout the years , it is to NEVER pre-order a game

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

To be honest I think the bad ports will end after Xmas. Why? The ports are sabotage and this is to get weak minded people back on the consoles. MS is who has the money and the Xbox is selling so well in the wal-marts to uninformed people, that they may stop paying to screw over PC gaming once they have an install base on their console.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/1/7313551/study-xbox-one-crushes-the-competition-made-up-most-of-black-friday

Unless you can put up more money than MS to stop this crap? It isn't going to stop until MS has an install base on their console, so they can fleece people of money on things like Xbox Live and keep the Direct X monopoly secure before the launch of Windows 10, where they will with hold another API patch and probably some games from previous OS's.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2j7r9j/delivering_ubisoft_came_to_my_school_for_a/

You are all blaming Ubisoft. You should be blaming MS. Ubisoft has no reason to sabotage PC game releases unless they are being paid bank from someone who has everything to lose if the Xbox One ceased to be relevant and DirectX was abandoned.

MS is who kept Halo which was a PC game off PC. MS is who tried to charge us for Games for Windows Live and with holds Direct X from us, slowing adoption by the game devs. MS is who paid to keep the next Tomb Raider off PC for awhile, and KOTOR and ME 1 Before Xbox? NHL Hockey and Madden were on PC. Madden DEBUTED on the PC. MS is who is about to make DX 12 a Win 10 exclusive and probably go to a subscription based OS so that we pay like Xbox Live customers. 

Think long and hard about this. You pay MS 100 dollars every few years for an OS where they keep multiplat games off of PC with bribes to the developer. Yet people want to only point the finger at Ubisoft.

How do you stop it? Stop buying their OS's so developers are forced to use Mantle/OpenGL, which will never be held back on adoption with updates due to OS. Problem solved. 

In before Tek Syndicate, LTT, and all the other "independants" tell you how awesome Windows 10 is, along with all mainstream media (even though it is Windows 8 with classic shell and an api patch and probably more intrusive cloud BS you never wanted). 

Want to blame someone? Blame yourselves for continuing to buy MS OS's or worse buying Xbox's when the game runs like crap on Windows, when MS's only homegrown title they have given to gamers since Xbox is Forza. Other than that they made a decent controller that doesn't even work in the metro UI without poor third party integration, and Wireless can't be done on the XB1 controller and the 360 wireless requires a dongle that MS refuses to make anymore...

Why? Cus MS hates PC Gaming and they hate you. They just want you to pay them 100 bucks for an OS every few years where they can continue to screw you over, while everyone blames the devs who are given bags of money from MS to do what MS tells them to do lol. 

I have a friend who works at eb games and he had people complaining about the game on every platform

To be honest I think the bad ports will end after Xmas. Why? The ports are sabotaged

i think its a lot more likely that publishers don't care about PC, because PC is a relatively miniscule part of the market compared to Current Gen consoles

Its not a credible source

If MS was trying to keep DX relevant, don't you think they would want good PC games, you know, the things that use DX where it competes with anything else (if you call OGL competition)

Halo was never a PC game.

MS tried to charge for GFWL because they wanted to make it more like their xbox live service, where they put large amounts of money into it, PC market didn't like that.

How do they hold DX from us? its a proprietary API

MS paid for TR to be a timed exclusive, so is the business, im still expecting the quality of the previous TR when i play it on PC next year.

Sports games became far more popular on console, and are made on shoe string budgets, it was inevitable that they switched to a console only model.

DX has historically been a Windows version exclusive, why the surprise? 

On the otherhand i don't see any precedent for Windows becoming a subscription service, they don't want to kill their chances of marketing this OS like they did with 8, i imagine they are going to play it very safe

Primarily the finger is pointed at Ubi because even if you think MS bribed them, Every version of the game was poorly coded and neither console can maintain 30 or even close to it.

Problem still there, OGL is far behind DX on the developer basis, with only one dev (bethsoft) using it at all, Mantle is not on any other OS, Games on linux are few and far between, with the last big game to push OGL (Wolf TNO) not getting a linux release.

I'm willing to bet if they have good things to say about it, they will say them, TS is a joke anyways, Win 10 will probably have incremental improvements over 8 just like 8 had over 7.

Alright, so i should blame myself for being part of the only gaming platform with decent support, plus the only one that can play my old games that will never get ported. the reasoning behind the Xbox controllers not using bluetooth is because they say there is too much lag in the interface, they say their version is better.

Never blame on malice what can be explained by incompetence, its much more logical to say publishers don't particularly care for the PC market, even without MS bribes, because its just a smaller market, and its one of the most demanding at that, with massive hardware differences and thousands of different configurations.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

If Microsoft were behind this, I suspect what we would have gotten are perfectly functional Xbone-like copies of our games with locked framerates and resolutions for console parity followed by dead silence from Ubisoft. Instead what we have been getting from Ubisoft looks more like reasonable attempts at a proper PC ports gone awry. There's no 30 FPS cap, and the options you'd expect for a decent PC port are, by and large, present. Keyboard and mouse controls are generally adequate.

The result is that despite all of the issues, Ubisoft's PC releases still look and run far better than their console versions. So if there really is a Microsoft conspiracy to undermine PC gaming, I assume it didn't produce the results they had hoped for.

To borrow a phrase, I think this is adequately explained by incompetence, rather than malice.