svchost.exe

smg4life01

Ok guys just upgraded my pc to an i7 new cpu motherboard and watercooler now when i boot to windows automatically this svchost.exe application is running in the background and making my cpu run at 99% I haven't got a clue why this is happening can someone help me, I've tried changing reg in regedit but still doing the same thing.

Ok guys just upgraded my pc to an i7 new cpu motherboard and watercooler now when i boot to windows automatically this svchost.exe application is running in the background and making my cpu run at 99% I haven't got a clue why this is happening can someone help me, I've tried changing reg in regedit but still doing the same thing.

(Off topic: be sure to follow your posts, with the button in the top right corner)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Svchost.exe is a process on your computer that hosts, or contains, other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. For example, Windows Defender uses a service that is hosted by a svchost.exe process.

There can be multiple instances of svchost.exe running on your computer, with each instance containing different services. One instance of svchost.exe might host a single service for a program, and another instance might host several services related to Windows. You can use Task Manager to view which services are running under each instance of svchost.exe.

source: microsoft.

although something doesn't seem right if it is 99%

This thread has a few good idea and a possible fix.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48895-svchostexe-persistently-comes-back/

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

What in hell did you changed in registry and why?? If its fresh install than just leave it few hours to do its thing...

its a memory leak, i know how to fix it in xp, ive not seen it in any other operating systems yet

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-fix-svchost-using-100-cpu-memory-leak/

Thats for fixing xp, give me a minute, ill try to find the bat for fixing another operating system, im assuming you are running a more recent os.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I found what seems like a fix for windows 8.1, still cant find one for windows 7 sadly(not a problem for you but i fix computers for money so this could potentially be a problem)

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-fix-svchostexe-errors-and-problems-with-high-cpu-usage/

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ok guys so I never had a fresh install of windows on my ssd due to already having windows on my ssd and using that ssd on my new pc so to clear that up i followed some posts saying that something needed to be changed in the reg but it didn't help and now 'ive done a refresh on windows 8.1 and its working fine none of this svchost coming up, also this was showing as a blank process on my taskmanager so i have no idea what could have been making it go crazy.