Why aren't my usb ports working in windows 7?

I recently got a new motherboard. I installed everything perfectly, but now eveyte I go into windows I can't move my mouse or type on my keyboard. But I'm still able to go into Bios and pretty much anything else. Any help?

CPU: Intel i5-4590  ll CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ll  Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  ll  RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengance  ll GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ll PSU: EVGA NEX650 G1 80+ Gold ll Storage:  Segate 7200PRM 1TB HDD , MX100 256GB SSD ll Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced w/ modded window ll  Display: Insignia 22' 1080p Tv ll  Speakers: Logitch Z313 w/ subwoofer  ll Keyboard: Logitec G910 ll  Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

It needs drivers, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website to download them, try USB2.0 ports in the meantime, and keyboards/mice that don't need drivers themselves

It needs drivers, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website to download them, try USB2.0 ports in the meantime, and keyboards/mice that don't need drivers themselves

Even when I use the 2.0 ports it still doesn't work.

CPU: Intel i5-4590  ll CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ll  Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  ll  RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengance  ll GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ll PSU: EVGA NEX650 G1 80+ Gold ll Storage:  Segate 7200PRM 1TB HDD , MX100 256GB SSD ll Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced w/ modded window ll  Display: Insignia 22' 1080p Tv ll  Speakers: Logitch Z313 w/ subwoofer  ll Keyboard: Logitec G910 ll  Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

What motherboard do you have?

MSI-Z97 G45

MSI-Z97 G45

This is an odd situation lol. What bios do you have? Because the latest version(2.4) improves "keyboard compatibility". You installed the Intel chipset driver provided by MSI right?

This is an odd situation lol. What bios do you have? Because the latest version(2.4) improves "keyboard compatibility". You installed the Intel chipset driver provided by MSI right?

I have bios version 2.3. And no, I haven't installed any drivers from MSI.

What drivers have you installed?

only the ones from my old mobo. Like I said, I can't install any drivers off my new motherboard because none of my USB ports work atm

I assumed that you plugged your keyboard and mice in the mobos back I/O...and it doesn't work...

You better RMA that MSI board..I definitely would recommend you sell it after RMA...

MSI's boards just causing too much unknown problem,even starts out fine...

Windows 7 usually can detect the USB 2.0 drivers and installed automatically...So yeah...Better RMA the board.

USB 2.0 does NOT need drivers, check em plugs and pins

Before people start screaming, USB 3.0 needs drivers, not 2.0

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

only the ones from my old mobo. Like I said, I can't install any drivers off my new motherboard because none of my USB ports work atm

Wait, you installed the drivers from your old motherboard? That's the problem, because your system detects a problem and forces things to shutdown(in this case your USB). If you can, start Windows in safe mode and uninstall the old drivers and install the ones from MSI's website.

Wait, you installed the drivers from your old motherboard? That's the problem, because your system detects a problem and forces things to shutdown(in this case your USB). If you can, start Windows in safe mode and uninstall the old drivers and install the ones from MSI's website.

this fixed my problem. Thanks!