Dulashock4 or Xbox one controller for PC

Hi guys,

I have bben thinking of buíing a controller for my pc since i prefere it, but I don't know which one is better (PS4 or xbox one controller). I mean I have used both, (i just moved up from console to pc) but I dont know the compatibilities. I know that xbox controllers are mostly supported by pc gamesd, but what about the PS4. I know that for the dualshock 4 there is a 3rb party software that basically converts it to an xbox controller virtually, but how well does it work I don't know.

[i prefere the dualshock layaut, that is why I dindnt just go ahed and buy the xbox one]

... and if I have chosen which one, is there a difference between the limited/special edition and the normal edition controllers. eg. build qualití, lifespawn, comfort {besides the paintjob}?

i use the ds4 on my pc and i use this program

http://ds4windows.com/

and its just a paint difference

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

From what I've looked up in the past the PS4 controller needs some 3rd party drivers or something to work (actually this is about the PS3.. Don't know if stuff for the PS4 is out yet). There basically won't be an issue with the 360/xbone controller provided the game supports non-keyboard controllers.

My experience with Sony controllers is that they aren't very durable. My DS3 had springs in the R2 and L2 button that appear to have seriously worn off. I'd go with a 360 controller, they're not crazy expensive and are good controllers in general.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I use a Dualshock 4. There isn't any official support but the 3rd party programs out there work pretty well and haven't run into any problems so far. Haven't had any problems using it through Bluetooth either.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I have al

i use the ds4 on my pc and i use this program

http://ds4windows.com/

and its just a paint difference

I have been looking for this for ages, thanks so much!!! :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

From what I've looked up in the past the PS4 controller needs some 3rd party drivers or something to work (actually this is about the PS3.. Don't know if stuff for the PS4 is out yet). There basically won't be an issue with the 360/xbone controller provided the game supports non-keyboard controllers.

I use a Dualshock 4. There isn't any official support but the 3rd party programs out there work pretty well and haven't run into any problems so far. Haven't had any problems using it through Bluetooth either.

Yeah right and this is another huge advantage of the dualshock4 is the bluetooth, and the price difference s just a couple EUR

or i dint mention the 3rd party controller like the razer sabertooth is made for pc but that is one big of a price jump

Xbox controlles are far superior IMO. I personally use the Razer Sabbertooth controller. 

so are you saying that xbox for IMO and ds4 is for FPS? (just cause I mostly play with titanfall, ac unity, cod, bf ......)

so are you saying that xbox for IMO and ds4 is for FPS? (just cause I mostly play with titanfall, ac unity, cod, bf ......)

IMO= In my opinion

It just feels a lot better in the hand than the DS4. 

I use the Xbox one controller. I think the Xbox controllers are superior to the Playstation controllers in terms of comfort and the triggers especially are much better. Compatibility is also much better as well.

IMO= In my opinion

It just feels a lot better in the hand than the DS4.

Sorry i taughted that you misstyped mmo and i just followed you

London Drugs (which sells electronics for some reason) is going to have the Dualshock 4 on sale for $39.99 tomorrow.

Once you go X360 controller, nothing will get you off of it.I liked the Xbone controller as well, but 360 controller still feels better.DS4 is good also good, but it's not my favourite, I find it kind of meh.

Between those two only, I'd suggest ds4 and using ds4windows simply because you can use it wirelessly on pc. Though if you do pick it up, I'd suggest you also get grip-it stick covers. Really thats the only issue  I've found with the controller itself, the sticks aren't that anti-slip. At least not launch controllers, I've heard that the sticks on newer ds4's are a bit more robust but I can't confirm.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Didn't want to make a new thread.

I'm looking to do more in-home streaming to my TV. I currently own the Wii U and LOVE the Pro Controller. Went through the setup of a bluetooh stack, mapping it to an Xbox controller and all that and in the end, couldn't get it working right.

I was seeing the xbox of course works natively, but the DS4 I can have a program make it work as well (and keep the wireless function via bluetooth since I have the bluetooth adapter? - any insight here is appreciated!)

Suggestions? Thanks!

I recommend a PS4 controller because it has a touch pad so you can program different macros out of gestures. But if you want an Xbox controller, I am not against that, as the XB360 controller fits snug in most big hands. But, again you do not need to have a special type of controller as wired for PS4.

Whatever is good for you!  :D

HAHAHAHAH

-Svoboman!

If you can find an Xbox One for Windows controller for ~$40.

I tried using a Dualshock 4 for a bit. While it does work with DS4tool you still have to put up with every game giving you Xbox controller prompts. I got tired of it and bought an Xbox one controller. Works flawlessly and is solid controller.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Didn't want to make a new thread.

I'm looking to do more in-home streaming to my TV. I currently own the Wii U and LOVE the Pro Controller. Went through the setup of a bluetooh stack, mapping it to an Xbox controller and all that and in the end, couldn't get it working right.

I was seeing the xbox of course works natively, but the DS4 I can have a program make it work as well (and keep the wireless function via bluetooth since I have the bluetooth adapter? - any insight here is appreciated!)

Suggestions? Thanks!

As someone else posted, if you use the DS4 controller, DS4 tool will just make the computer see it as a Xbox 360 controller although it has some trackpad options. I prefer it to the xbox 360 or xbox one controller simply because I don't need to switch out batteries every so often while using it wirelessly.

I believe the bluetooth adapter required has to be one of the newer models. I don't remember what they are exactly so be sure that your bluetooth adapter meets the specifications.

My only complaint about the DS4 controller is that the analog sticks are a little slipperly. Other than that, I quite like it.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I recommend a PS4 controller because it has a touch pad so you can program different macros out of gestures. But if you want an Xbox controller, I am not against that, as the XB360 controller fits snug in most big hands. But, again you do not need to have a special type of controller as wired for PS4.

Whatever is good for you!  :D

I like the feel of PS4. But since I have the Wii U I've grown to that larger type controller a bit. The only drawback to the Xbox One controller is the wireless. I like that I could keep that with PS4

If you can find an Xbox One for Windows controller for ~$40.

I tried using a Dualshock 4 for a bit. While it does work with DS4tool you still have to put up with every game giving you Xbox controller prompts. I got tired of it and bought an Xbox one controller. Works flawlessly and is solid controller.

I'll have to look into it a bit more about those prompts. I guess any games are geared towards the Xbox controller usually.

As someone else posted, if you use the DS4 controller, DS4 tool will just make the computer see it as a Xbox 360 controller although it has some trackpad options. I prefer it to the xbox 360 or xbox one controller simply because I don't need to switch out batteries every so often while using it wirelessly.

I believe the bluetooth adapter required has to be one of the newer models. I don't remember what they are exactly so be sure that your bluetooth adapter meets the specifications.

My only complaint about the DS4 controller is that the analog sticks are a little slipperly. Other than that, I quite like it.

This is also a good reason I might not have a choice on which controller to go with. I need to check if my bluetooth adapter will work. 

Right now until Microsoft either enables bluetooth or wireless direct for the X1 controller I'll just use the PS4 or X360(with dongle) for controllers and the PS4 controller just works out of the box(when you have the ds4 driver that is)

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I hate the Xbox One's D-pad and anolog sticks, so I would go for DS4.