Corsair Graphite 780T Cooling

LenGaming
Go to solution Solved by MrKickkiller,

Perhaps ,that would be +1 pressure and work with convection.

1 problem though. Bottom intake is most probably not filtered ==> dust.

I think any config will grant you great results. The delta should only be 1/2 degrees celsius.

That's basically margin or error.

Hello everyone,

I made a quick image how I'm planning to set up my cooling in my case.

It will be a positive pressure setup, as you can see. So what do you guys think about my setup? Should I change something? And I'm not going to put any Noctua fans on the back, top and front. And should I put those two fans in the bottom (see image)?

I'm going with a custom waterloop. I will add graphics card later, and will add another radiator. But for now, they will be air cooled, so I need a decent air flow.

Kind regards,

Len

post-137824-0-20433500-1417031421.png

Top intake? Never seen such thing but I think it will be fine :)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Top intake? Never seen such thing but I think it will be fine :)

The bottom intake is indeed optional. I wasn't going to do that, but you never know what other people think :-)

ditch the bottom intake and your fine

People said to me that fresh air (intake) will deliver better temperatures than moving hot air through the rad. So I flipped the fans...

The bottom intake is indeed optional. I wasn't going to do that, but you never know what other people think :-)

People said to me that fresh air (intake) will deliver better temperatures than moving hot air through the rad. So I flipped the fans...

I do in fact use a top rad intake. Haven't noticed any improvement in Temps. Did it because it would look better and then you can see the sexy rads peeking trough the window.

+ Otherwise, if I would have gone with top exhaust i would have ended up with negative pressure. So Yeah

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

I do in fact use a top rad intake. Haven't noticed any improvement in Temps. Did it because it would look better and then you can see the sexy rads peeking trough the window.

+ Otherwise, if I would have gone with top exhaust i would have ended up with negative pressure. So Yeah

That's indeed another reason for my to use it as an intake. If I use the rad as an outtake and don't have anything at the bottom, I will also end up with negative pressure (I think).

That's indeed another reason for my to use it as an intake. If I use the rad as an outtake and don't have anything at the bottom, I will also end up with negative pressure (I think).

Yup: 3 in 4.something out ==> -1. something pressure

Not the most accurate description of pressure but hey: This is the internet.

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Yup: 3 in 4.something out ==> -1. something pressure

Not the most accurate description of pressure but hey: This is the internet.

Do you recommend using the rad as an outtake and put 2 fans on the bottom (just to get a positive pressure)?

Perhaps ,that would be +1 pressure and work with convection.

1 problem though. Bottom intake is most probably not filtered ==> dust.

I think any config will grant you great results. The delta should only be 1/2 degrees celsius.

That's basically margin or error.

The 780T has filters at the bottom, so that's not a problem. But since it's cheaper for me, I'll use the rad as an intake. Thank you for your help tho!

The 780T has filters at the bottom, so that's not a problem. But since it's cheaper for me, I'll use the rad as an intake. Thank you for your help tho!

No problem. That's what I do as a good LTT forum member