PS4 or Xbox One?

Recon97
Go to solution Solved by Vi7aLi7Y,

This is mainly a PC forum, but I own all three consoles and a nice PC, out of the xbox one and PS4 I would say to buy a PS4 hands down unless you want to play Halo 2 really badly. Halo MCC is mostly fixed now, but it seems people have moved on from it. That nostalgia hit didn't seem to last long, and Halo 5 doesn't even look like Halo anymore. PS4 UI in my opinion is faster, less complicated, less buggy, and not a mess like the XB1. Idk why the XB1 has so many different ways to get to friends list, that requires going through multiple menus or using snap features which is slow in itself. I've just had a much better experience on PS4, personally.

So my friend wants to buy either PS4 or Xbox One.He says that he wants to go for Xbox One if PS4 does not gives better advantage over it.

Since it seems like you're not trolling this time....

The PS4 typically looks slightly better due to having better hardware.

It really depends on which titles he's looking forward to play, and what kind of experience he wants on a console.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Since it seems like you're not trolling this time....

The PS4 typically looks slightly better due to having better hardware.

It really depends on which titles he's looking forward to play, and what kind of experience he wants on a console.

Trolling is off.And sorry for every bad words I fired on you.He wants to play all new titles like AC U,COD AW and many others.And what do you mean by expirience?

Neither.

having experienced both systems just go for the xbox one if thats his preference, while the ps4 does have a little exstra in the gpu tank , its not a night and day difference.

Go with what exclusives matter to you and me importantly which platform has your friends on it. I got the Xbox One because I like Forza and halo with the added benefit that more of my friends play on Xbox than on ps4

I have both and i would say PS4 cuz its interface is not laggy as hell then again this issue on xb1 could easily be fixed via an update. PS4 controller is still a bit weird for me but whatever. I would get whatever console that games you want to play are on. I love halo but i really like uncharted too so i got both :P

GL picking m8 i no i couldn't :)

neither, but if you must buy a console, then get a ps4. It's more powerful than an xbox one, it takes up less space, it looks better (personal preference) and has an internal power supply

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

it takes up less space, it looks better (personal preference) and has an internal power supply

@Recon97 I definitely appreciate those, too.   When it comes to consoles it's less about hardware to me, and more about which exclusive titles exist and which one I personally predict will have ones I'll like in the future.   I also like the way Sony designs their software/homescreen/OS/ecosystem.   I loved the PS3's cross media bar, and the PS4's isn't all that different.   I couldn't stand the 360's home screen, and the store was even more complicated for me to navigate.  Call me stupid because of that, but Sony's GUI is just a lot better/easier to me.  

PS4, take a look at IGN's review of the two from the past few weeks, and take a look at Gamespot's remarks on the two consoles on the anniversary of their launch.

I think someone needs to watch this 

PS4 is better imo.

I got one 2 weeks ago and here are my reasons:

a) Better/elegant looking compared to the Xbox One.

b) The joystick is more user friendly.

c) Better exclusives.

The only reason I got the PS4 was because of the exclusives tho.

I had a hard time choosing between them. Eventually I settled on both because I really wanted both Halo and MLB the Show. People saying neither should leave the console board. Some people like consoles and like many of the games available on consoles that are not available on our PCs. If you don't like consoles at all GTFO of the console board. 

How about a PCwith4cores?

Maybe I Like Bacon? :ph34r:

This is mainly a PC forum, but I own all three consoles and a nice PC, out of the xbox one and PS4 I would say to buy a PS4 hands down unless you want to play Halo 2 really badly. Halo MCC is mostly fixed now, but it seems people have moved on from it. That nostalgia hit didn't seem to last long, and Halo 5 doesn't even look like Halo anymore. PS4 UI in my opinion is faster, less complicated, less buggy, and not a mess like the XB1. Idk why the XB1 has so many different ways to get to friends list, that requires going through multiple menus or using snap features which is slow in itself. I've just had a much better experience on PS4, personally.

I think someone needs to watch this 

Could have just went to playstation. Most of those are just XBL issues. I also guess neither he nor you have played CS:GO...

Could have just went to playstation. Most of those are just XBL issues. I also guess neither he nor you have played CS:GO...

I do have the CS:Go I don't understand thou makith no sense 

Having a PS4 is also great when you still have last gen PS3. Free games monthly on both console.

Alright guys let go of this topic. It's not worth posting anymore. It's not me who is buying the console, it's just my almost friend. Leave it.

I say ps4 as im a sony fanboy but tbh go with whatever your friends got, you will have more fun playing with them than on a console you play on ur own