error? The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum

thetdshadow
The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum

this error comes up when i want to boot from cd if the windows cd boots and passes this than i got an i/o error what is causeing this?

the hdd is new and i tried it with another sata cable no sucess

crc errors are usually a result of illegal copying, if theres no physical damage to the disk.

if all your disks are having the same issue then its likely your drives lens is either dirty or damaged.

the former you can clean with simple detergent on a lint free cloth. just dampen the tip with a mix of water and washing up liquid. give it a few wipes and then dry it off. i dont recommend using solvents as most lenses are plastic and will likely warp if exposed to em.

if your a smoker you will likely have to repeat this every 6 months or so because nicotine actually grows and spread on surfaces it attaches to.

if that doesnt work then its likely you will need a new drive.

if you mean that the crc error is appearing after the windows cd has finished booting and the hdd takes over then your hdd is corrupted. either by a hardware fault or a software 1 the latter can be fixed with chkdsk. again if it doesnt work its likely a hardware issue and the drive will need replacing.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel