Fractal Design has released a trailer for the much anticipated sequel to the Define R4 Case

sammyk12

But linus's video is wayyyyy more entertaining xD not to mention i think linus has more experience when compared to dimitri (HWC host)

Yea, but Dmitry put's ALOT of effort into his case reviews. They are kind of his signature thing. 

Yea, but Dmitry put's ALOT of effort into his case reviews. They are kind of his signature thing. 

And his videos looks really professional! I cant imagine the amount of time he spends editing xD

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

LOVING the ceiling rad mount offset, not a lot of midtowers can do push/pull. Props to Fractal for that specific design implementation and the modular drive configuration, looks like I'm going to buy myself a windowed R5. =D

like the front access for the bottom filter, also that they kept the clean look of the R series, the awesome cable management (a little OCD about cable management, spent 4 hours on cable management for my current case and planning on buying a corsair RM750 primarily for the flat 24-pin connector) and all the modularity. Also the new interchangeable hinges are a plus for me, do regret the fact the front panel is no longer closed with magnets. Only real down side I see is that so far they haven't announced any dust cover for the top, if they would give the option to buy for instance a magnetic top dust cover for the case it would be my absolute dream case I think, also wished they would go for the 1-3-5 combination for HDD brackets for greater modularity to your own needs and maybe give the top a little more room for radiators, also had hoped for a way to integrate sliding mounting points for the top similar to the back ones, but would of course have impacted the beautiful design which is a mayor plus for this case as I said, overall though was looking for an upgrade from my Coolermaster N600 that I started with when I decided to get more serious about my pc

unable to watch any video about it so far, but least said, it looks interesting

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Looks like a cinder block from a basement.functionality is good tho. But I won't be buying one. I could likely pick one up at home depot

Hell yes, just like that. Very impressed by the flexability of mounting radiators, this case is definitely suitable for watercooling.

LOVING the ceiling rad mount offset, not a lot of midtowers can do push/pull. Props to Fractal for that specific design implementation and the modular drive configuration, looks like I'm going to buy myself a windowed R5. =D

Why would you want push-pull? The gained cooling effect is barely outside the margin of error for high-end thermal sensors.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Why would you want push-pull? The gained cooling effect is barely outside the margin of error for high-end thermal sensors.

Since in my case the top rad is only the exhaust, airflow out is improved even though the ambient temp improvement doesn't show in the chip sensors.

Since in my case the top rad is only the exhaust, airflow out is improved even though the ambient temp improvement doesn't show in the chip sensors.

Except it's not. You're moving the same amount of air through the same amount of space pretty much, just a hair more really. Linus has a long video on this.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

But linus's video is wayyyyy more entertaining xD not to mention i think linus has more experience when compared to dimitri (HWC host)

Different styles, apple and orange. But I find they are both very good. Big thumbs up for both.  :lol:

According to scan.co.uk the item is due in tomorrow and they are charging more than the RRP it seems. Although the RRP is still unclear a few reviewers mentions £82.99 for normal, £89.99 Windowed with VAT. Seems about right.

http://www.scan.co.uk/search.aspx?q=define+r5

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.