970 or 990 Mobo for AM3+

Go to solution Solved by ERSCreeper,

990 is 15$ more

AMD FX6300

Kingston 8GB hyper RAM

Sapphire R9 280x vapor X

650W PSU

Since the price difference is so little I would personally go with the 990x even though you would get of perfectly fine with the 970 board.

depends, I love the asus ROG boards but they're £170 (£100 more) just so you could run 3 way crossfire, the software/bios isnt really any different. some people like the sabourtooth, which i think is just gaudy, a black "tuf" pc would be cool though.

all around the msi and ud3p boards are great with the msi at one point costing the same, now its like £4 more, but i just sold my ud3p in my spare rig to buy the msi 970, if anyone took the time to read a review on it rather than just goign with companies they've gone before they'd be the better for it. i went from asus m5a78l-m/usb3 (great cheap board, especially with a source 210 elite and fx6300) to ud3p with my fx8 then switched to them so ive had the big 3 and my conclusion...they're all good, just go with one with the features and looks you like at the price point you like. there's usually a trade off though.

id love the gigabyte 990fx ud7 layout (4 pcie x16 slots), made by msi with the dragon theme, with the asus ai suite.

they could quite easily make more am3+ boards because plenty of people still buy them obviously. most people dont care about m.2 etc, what we want is 2x pcie x16 slots, maybe a pci slot, in an matx form factor with the 8+2 vrm, 4 ram slots and some sata3 ports, bit like the maximus gene vi asus make for intel.

Yep I think you got that right

I find it funny the MSI board has gone up, I brought it a month after it came out and got it stupid cheap.