What wattage power supply do i pick for my gaming pc build

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Bottom has important info and more questions. Please read it all

I want to build a new pc for black friday but don't know what power supply to get. Please help. Here are the specs:

cpu: Intel Core i5-4690 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5Hz LGA 1150 84W Desktop processor

cpu COOLER: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i

operating drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATS III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Storage drive: WD Green WD40EZRX 4TB 64MB Cache SATS 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper Z97 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATS 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ram: HyperX Fury Black Series 16GB (2*8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR# 1866 Desktop Memory Model HX318C10FBK2/16

DVD Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1st/BLK/B/AS - OEM

Graphics card: 2 way SLI gtx 970s......I don't know which model to get so If you could recommend one that would be great!..........I want to get 2 gtx 970 asus strix model, but amazon has raised the price to about 479 so I hope It gose down on black Friday ;)

Fans: like 6  Fans

Power supply: I need to know what wattage power supply I need for this build......Keep in mind that I am going to put in 2 gtx 970s

~This system will be made for editing videos for youtube and also gaming. I already have a channel called TeerixGaming but my videos could be better. I game on a laptop and its not the best at gaming or editing vids. if you want to leave any suggestions on parts I should use let me know. my budget is around $1,300. Also which is better for all around use and experience, Windows 1.8 OR 7. I put links to most stuff in an attached file. I don't know if it will work but I wanted to see if it did.

thank you to any one who helped me and :P to any one who didn't. thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Two 970's - I say 750W is a more than safe bet. Also, get Windows 8 for that performance. You should also be getting an SSD if you have more than $700 to spend, which you do. A Sandisk Ultra Plus will do you fine at 120GB for your programs and random small files while the hard drive can store your videos (don't get that Kingston one - they have firmware issues that you should read about).

Also, why get such a high-end CPU cooler and a locked i5? Get an unlocked i5 and a Hyper 212 EVO instead for better performance.

EDIT: please follow your own topic too as that help everybody :)

I want to build a new pc for black friday but don't know what power supply to get. Please help. Here are the specs:

operating drive: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5" 120GB SATS III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Storage drive: WD Green WD40EZRX 4TB 64MB Cache SATS 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper Z97 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATS 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ram: HyperX Fury Black Series 16GB (2*8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR# 1866 Desktop Memory Model HX318C10FBK2/16

DVD Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1st/BLK/B/AS - OEM

Graphics card: 2 way SLI gtx 970s......I don't know which model to get so If you could recommend one that would be great!..........I want to get 2 gtx 970 asus strix model, but amazon has raised the price to about 479 so I hope It gose down on black Friday ;)

Power supply: I need to know what wattage power supply I need for this build......Keep in mind that I am going to put in 2 gtx 970s

~This system will be made for editing videos for youtube and also gaming. I already have a channel called TeerixGaming but my videos could be better. I game on a laptop and its not the best at gaming or editing vids. if you want to leave any suggestions on parts I should use let me know. my budget is around $1,300. Also which is better for all around use and experience, Windows 1.8 OR 7. I put links to most stuff in an attached file. I don't know if it will work but I wanted to see if it did.

thank you to any one who helped me and :P to any one who didn't. thanks!!!!!!!!!!

pc build specs.rtf

750w just to be safe  ;)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Two 970's - I say 750W is a more than safe bet. Also, get Windows 8 for that performance. You should also be getting an SSD if you have more than $700 to spend, which you do. A Sandisk Ultra Plus will do you fine at 120GB for your programs and random small files while the hard drive can store your videos (don't get that Kingston one - they have firmware issues that you should read about).

Also, why get such a high-end CPU cooler and a locked i5? Get an unlocked i5 and a Hyper 212 EVO instead for better performance.

EDIT: please follow your own topic too as that help everybody :)

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I hope you're getting the i5-4690k and not the i5-4690, as the k is unlocked and actually $15 cheaper than the inferior non-K right now. You can get the i5-4690k at newegg right now for $210. No need to wait for Black Friday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117372&cm_re=i5-4690-_-19-117-372-_-Product

evga supernova g2 750w psu

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Will the unlocked processor still work with my motherboard, and also what's the benefit of having an unlocked one?