4690k or 8350

Which is the better and will be in future? Also, will either bottleneck 2 gtx 970's?

I love my 8350, but the 4690K is probably the better option. And no, you should be fine :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

they both have there pro's and con's, it kinda depends on what you are doing.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

4690 better for gaming!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

The 4690k outperforms the 8350 in 99% of games, programs, applications, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm gonna be gaming but I will also use photoshop, fl studio etc.

The 8350 will severely cripple the capability of any 2 high end GPUs in SLI and CFX. For gaming the 4690K is a must for your GPUs.

The only problem with the 4690k is that there are no z97 motherboards that fit in my case with 2 970's and have a reasonable price

-snip-

Starting flame wars is against the CoC. Please stop and go away.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Starting flame wars is against the CoC. Please stop and go away.

Not staring one. But I think spreading false info and bold lies is not helping anybody.

The 4690k outperforms the 8350 in 99% of games, programs, applications, etc...

False info.

That's not truth at all that's fanboy propaganda and shitty propaganda at that !

Benchmarks don't lie  :)

fast don't lie

System: Thinkpad T460

Not staring one. But I think spreading false info and bold lies is not helping anybody.

False info.

It actually does, because 99% of programs, games, and applications use less than 4 cores. 90% use only one core.

And since intel CPUs have far better core performance than any AMD CPU that has ever existed, the 4690k is better in 99% of tasks.

If you cant understand 99% = 99% then I suggest you go back to school ASAP before you get scammed by someone on the internet ;)

You also see this from every benchmark that uses 4 cores or less.

Spoiler

So... It wins in every game?

I didn't think there'd be much difference, but those bf4 minimums are surprisingly different.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

I didn't think there'd be much difference, but those bf4 minimums are surprisingly different.

If you looked at the comparison then you would see that in fact that they are very close in gaming. That said I stand by what I said in that when running dual cards the Intel is the better option and this is reflected in the comparison by anand. For any single card the FX 8350 OCed is a solid choice and one that makes perfect sense if one is currently on an AM3+ platform that can handle a high end FX chip.

And the difference in power usage, cost, temps...

And it's a locked i5. 

And the difference in power usage, cost, temps...

And it's a locked i5. 

They tie in most of the games tested.

They tie in most of the games tested.

Depends entirely on what you are playing. And OP asked for a 970 SLI, so the 4690 is obviously the best choice.

What we disagreed on is that a 4690 is better than a 8350 in most applications. Which is true because they don't usually use 8 cores (not physical), and the single core i5 performance is vastly better.`

Depends entirely on what you are playing. And OP asked for a 970 SLI, so the 4690 is obviously the best choice.

You seem to think the same to 10fps or less is vastly better. When OCed and with CFX/SLI the best choice is Intel. For people on an AM3+ platform and a single card the FX 8350 is a fine option and will perform perceptibly just as well as Intel on the vast majority of games. WoW the FX 8320 ... "a CPU that is almost half the cost of the Intel" did surprising well and offers an excellent value for money especially for AM3+ users.

You seem to think the same to 10fps or less is vastly better. When OCed and with CFX/SLI the best choice is Intel. For people on an AM3+ platform and a single card the FX 8350 is a fine option and will perform perceptibly just as well as Intel on the vast majority of games. WoW the FX 8320 ... "a CPU that is almost half the cost of the Intel" did surprising well and offers an excellent value for money especially for AM3+ users.

I have no idea what we are arguing about anymore....