Best Fans for H100i Push/Pull

Go to solution Solved by extremescouter,

Noctuas NF-f12s are always a great choice. They are nearly silent, and perform well. Static pressure fans are always best for rads, and the nf-f12s are the best you can get, if you can bear the color. Are you doing push/pull for the noise? The extra performance with push/pull really doesnt warrant the extra price, and Linus actually suggests going for only pull. Learn more about his opinion here: 

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what fans to get for the best performance out of my H100i cooler. Requirements are simply this: Cooler than stock, not obnoxiously loud without load, has to be either Corsair or Noctua. If the fans can be turned down without their LNAs, and be almost inaudible, I'll consider them great fans :). The biggest problem I guess I'm having is that I do not know whether to get Static Pressure fans or Airflow fans. Like I mentioned above, if the Airflow fans can be turned down to say 1300 RPMs or less without an LNA I'm guessing they'll be better.

Please let me know :). I'm trying to make a swift, informed, purchase quite soon :D

Thanks a lot everyone!

Nate

Noctuas NF-f12s are always a great choice. They are nearly silent, and perform well. Static pressure fans are always best for rads, and the nf-f12s are the best you can get, if you can bear the color. Are you doing push/pull for the noise? The extra performance with push/pull really doesnt warrant the extra price, and Linus actually suggests going for only pull. Learn more about his opinion here: 

Getting cooler temperatures than stock would require some really loud fans. You can get close to it, though, Try out some NF-F12s or SP120s. Also you shouldn't limit your choice to Noctua and Corsair products.

Thanks for the quick responses :). @extremescouter the reason i'm doing push/pull is for a slight bit more cooling. My environment keeps my 3930k @4.8GHz quite warm at idle. H100i stock fans at 1500 RPMs for most things unless heaving load. P.S. Color won't bother me a bit :) . @ and thanks for the advice, and my limit is just for person preference, I don't really know too many fan brands and products (I do know a few others, and I was just figuring most people would suggest those) Seems like you have another suggestion for fans, if so, please let me know. Always open to suggestions.

• 1 year later...

Cause Linus is the end all be all of PC opinions? Ironically I've found pull to often be largely inferior to push except when using low rpm/low cfm fans.

Cause Linus is the end all be all of PC opinions? Ironically I've found pull to often be largely inferior to push except when using low rpm/low cfm fans.

If you watch the vid he says there is no difference between push or pull except for cleaning the radiator is easier in pull.