best water cooler (cpu) for the 450d case

Just because you had a bad experience with an AIO doesn't mean you have to dissuade others.

Yes, you can hit any overclock on a Hyper 212 EVO, but some people prefer to have their temperatures in the 40s compared to the 70s when gaming.

my temps are anywhere from 50-62c while gaming crazy guy. I only get into the 70's while doing a burn test. It's not that my experience was that bad it's was just a waste of money. I don't get the point of having your system run in the 40c range while gaming when it's not making any difference for it to run 60c instead. I love it when people buy something like a huge AIO and then get maybe 2way sli and have their gpu's run 80c all day. Why are people only comfortable with their gpu hitting 80c while gaming but when their cpu hit's 80 it's going to blow up. lol They both overheat around the same temp. And cpu's are still going to last MUCH longer.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

read read read the tech specifications

so the H100i is longer then the H105 

but the H105 is thicker 

so If the issue is the H105 not fitting in the top of the case , then just move it to the front. 

and  if you must have it on top get the H100i 

so the H100i is longer then the H105 

but the H105 is thicker 

so If the issue is the H105 not fitting in the top of the case , then just move it to the front. 

and  if you must have it on top get the H100i 

this then

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

my temps are anywhere from 50-62c while gaming crazy guy. I only get into the 70's while doing a burn test. It's not that my experience was that bad it's was just a waste of money. I don't get the point of having your system run in the 40c range while gaming when it's not making any difference for it to run 60c instead. I love it when people buy something like a huge AIO and then get maybe 2way sli and have their gpu's run 80c all day. Why are people only comfortable with their gpu hitting 80c while gaming but when their cpu hit's 80 it's going to blow up. lol They both overheat around the same temp. And cpu's are still going to last MUCH longer.

How to Water Cool your CPU and GPU for Under $200 USD

I keep my components nice and frosty

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

How to Water Cool your CPU and GPU for Under $200 USD

I keep my components nice and frosty

That's nice but I have a reference cooler on my 780ti because of the evga step up program, and my cpu runs perfectly cool with an evo 212 and some artic silver 5. I don't need to spend anymore money on cooling because my cpu is living nice and cool and I will probably upgrade my gpu around the time the warranty expires anyway.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

My 3570K is currently at 4.9GHz at 1.53V. Very high and does about 85-100C under a benchmarking load. the H80i is chugging along just fine. I am completely cool with my CPU doing 85C+ because i can manage it. I doubt a 212 EVO would be able to keep up though. Would have to actually use the Delta for it to keep up. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My 3570K is currently at 4.9GHz at 1.53V. Very high and does about 85-100C under a benchmarking load. the H80i is chugging along just fine. I am completely cool with my CPU doing 85C+ because i can manage it. I doubt a 212 EVO would be able to keep up though. Would have to actually use the Delta for it to keep up. 

Sounds like you are on a mission to destroy your cpu. That certainly wasn't my point. The way I see it is if my cpu and gpu stay below 80c im good, and I am WELL below that with an evo 212. 

Sounds like you are on a mission to destroy your cpu. That certainly wasn't my point. The way I see it is if my cpu and gpu stay below 80c im good, and I am WELL below that with an evo 212. 

As long as it's stable.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

As long as it's stable.

That's good and all that it's stable but if I wanted to over volt my cpu into oblivion just to get a couple 100 mhz I would slap on the h110 next to me. You crazy.

That's good and all that it's stable but if I wanted to over volt my cpu into oblivion just to get a couple 100 mhz I would slap on the h110 next to me. You crazy.

It's all for benchmarks anyway you sausage. Need to make my e-peen a lot larger. 

Water cooling is overpriced and overkill, you are definitely going to hit voltage limits before temp limits in an kind of high end AIO which makes them pointless to me. I would get anything higher than a D15. Hell my temps are great on an evo 212 with a 4790k.

What about when you do a 24hr run with prime95 or an extreme run with IBT AVX?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

What about when you do a 24hr run with prime95 or an extreme run with IBT AVX?

That is senseless. No overclock needs 24 hours to validate. If prime can't crash you in a couple of hours no real world application will. 

@SeanBond

When I first started overclocking I believed that too, I got my CPU to 4.8ghz and ran prime for 2 hours and it passed, then I ran IBT AVX and it failed all the tests on high. I see a lot of people say the 212 can get some high overclocks but I fail to see how such a small single tower cooler can be so effective?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

@Benji_w I only use intel burn test and I don't know how it's so good. It's not very big and yet @1.26v it stays under 80 during a burn test.

@SeanBond

Is that under a standard or extreme test?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

@Benji_w oddly enough I don't know of the "extreme test" And today my temps seem to be a little higher than they have been the last 4 days. I used artic silver 5 thermal paste with the evo 212. I don't know much about thermal paste, any idea what could cause that?

@Benji_w oddly enough I don't know of the "extreme test" And today my temps seem to be a little higher than they have been the last 4 days. I used artic silver 5 thermal paste with the evo 212. I don't know much about thermal paste, any idea what could cause that?

If the temp in your room has gone up it will have an effect on your temps. The extreme test with IBT AVX is as it says on the tin, a test that stresses your cpu and ram possibly the nb too but i'm not 100% sure it will soon heat everything up, I'm still a bit taken back my your "there is no need for 24 hour prime" message, tbh while many users might not care if their data gets corrupt from poor overclocks people like me who use my pc for tonnes of uni work and folding need their rigs to be as stable as possible so we tend to go a bit over the top with testing lol, i'm pretty sure if you ran your prime for 12 hours the temps on that 212 would soon rocket not to mention 20 runs on extreme if your OC didn't fail first? 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

If the temp in your room has gone up it will have an effect on your temps. The extreme test with IBT AVX is as it says on the tin, a test that stresses your cpu and ram possibly the nb too but i'm not 100% sure it will soon heat everything up, I'm still a bit taken back my your "there is no need for 24 hour prime" message, tbh while many users might not care if their data gets corrupt from poor overclocks people like me who use my pc for tonnes of uni work and folding need their rigs to be as stable as possible so we tend to go a bit over the top with testing lol, i'm pretty sure if you ran your prime for 12 hours the temps on that 212 would soon rocket not to mention 20 runs on extreme if your OC didn't fail first? 

I can't run prime first of all because haswell has an issue with prime that overvolts the living hell out them. There is a memory test that seems to warm things up and bit more. And come to think of this it really could be my ambient temps. I didn't think about it but the last 4 days I have had the windows open and it was about 50 outside, maybe 63 inside. Where as yesterday was 70ish and today is 80. I didn't think it would be ambient because about 10 degrees F shouldn't translate to an average of 6 or 7c higher temps. And I also don't bother with 24 hour tests because I am but a gamer. The most cpu instensive thing this pc runs is battlefield 4. And in their servers everything is constantly being update and every point accounted for. It's impossible for me to lose anything therefore if it can survive battlefield 4 without crashing it's pretty much good to go. I was running intel burn test while running battlefield last night to see if I can over stress it. I ended up setting my overclock to 4.5ghz at 1.2V I might be able to manage 1.19 or 1.195 but I doubt it's worth testing.

I can't run prime first of all because haswell has an issue with prime that overvolts the living hell out them. There is a memory test that seems to warm things up and bit more. And come to think of this it really could be my ambient temps. I didn't think about it but the last 4 days I have had the windows open and it was about 50 outside, maybe 63 inside. Where as yesterday was 70ish and today is 80. I didn't think it would be ambient because about 10 degrees F shouldn't translate to an average of 6 or 7c higher temps. And I also don't bother with 24 hour tests because I am but a gamer. The most cpu instensive thing this pc runs is battlefield 4. And in their servers everything is constantly being update and every point accounted for. It's impossible for me to lose anything therefore if it can survive battlefield 4 without crashing it's pretty much good to go. I was running intel burn test while running battlefield last night to see if I can over stress it. I ended up setting my overclock to 4.5ghz at 1.2V I might be able to manage 1.19 or 1.195 but I doubt it's worth testing.

I'd rather ensure i'm writing correct data so my temp folder and hard drive don't become corrupt which has happened in the past from poor overclocks, hasn't happened since I've been using IBT AVX and sorry I totally forgot about that issue with prime95 and haswells. You won't be able to over stress it lol, IBT uses 100% of the CPU at a time so when you ran BF4 at the same time it was taking away resources from IBT, in fact to use IBT correctly you need to close all unneeded programs and tasks then run it. If the air in your room is warmer the air running through the pc case will be warmer and reduces how well the cpu cooler can do it's job, same with rads too.  :)

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I'd rather ensure i'm writing correct data so my temp folder and hard drive don't become corrupt which has happened in the past from poor overclocks, hasn't happened since I've been using IBT AVX and sorry I totally forgot about that issue with prime95 and haswells. You won't be able to over stress it lol, IBT uses 100% of the CPU at a time so when you ran BF4 at the same time it was taking away resources from IBT, in fact to use IBT correctly you need to close all unneeded programs and tasks then run it. If the air in your room is warmer the air running through the pc case will be warmer and reduces how well the cpu cooler can do it's job, same with rads too.  :)

funny enough battlefield tends to blue screen me way easier than any other possible benchmark. I can run an hour of IBT but it won't compare to an hour of bf4 for some reason. So why not both? lol

funny enough battlefield tends to blue screen me way easier than any other possible benchmark. I can run an hour of IBT but it won't compare to an hour of bf4 for some reason. So why not both? lol

As I explained IBT will give up it's stress test resources and give them to BF4 and everything else you're running yeilding false results as far as I believe. IBT alone is enough and your blue screens tells me that something in your system isn't stable, if your card is overclocked it might be kicking out loads of heat which your 212 is using to heat up your cpu and if it gets too hot it could blue screen.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

As I explained IBT will give up it's stress test resources and give them to BF4 and everything else you're running yeilding false results as far as I believe. IBT alone is enough and your blue screens tells me that something in your system isn't stable, if your card is overclocked it might be kicking out loads of heat which your 212 is using to heat up your cpu and if it gets too hot it could blue screen.

Heat isn't the issue as I have warnings setup if my cpu passes a certain point and my gpu is a reference blower. No heat being dumped into the case.

Heat isn't the issue as I have warnings setup if my cpu passes a certain point and my gpu is a reference blower. No heat being dumped into the case.

Ok well, your system is unstable unfortunatly man, if BF 4 is crashing you out and your a gamer and only use your pc for gaming your previous point is kinda moot. :( You should really consider testing with IBT AVX on very high as a minimum and extreme as a full on yep pretty damn stable lol. 

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Ok well, your system is unstable unfortunatly man, if BF 4 is crashing you out and your a gamer and only use your pc for gaming your previous point is kinda moot. :( You should really consider testing with IBT AVX on very high as a minimum and extreme as a full on yep pretty damn stable lol. 

My system is stable now lol. I moved down to 4.5ghz at 1.2v to keep the temps back.