Computer not restarting after removal of graphics card

Stelthbuny

Ill be upgrading to a 970 in the next few days, but between then and now I wont have a graphics card in my system. When I remove my current card (660ti) my computer just perpetually posts. I've gone into the "programs and applications" thing in My Computer and uninstalled all of the NVIDIA programs, but the computer still wont boot up correctly when i take out the card. If anyone can help me out it would be fantastic, im sure there's a driver or program somewhere that im missing; i just cant figure out where it would be.

Ill be upgrading to a 970 in the next few days, but between then and now I wont have a graphics card in my system. When I remove my current card (660ti) my computer just perpetually posts. I've gone into the "programs and applications" thing in My Computer and uninstalled all of the NVIDIA programs, but the computer still wont boot up correctly when i take out the card. If anyone can help me out it would be fantastic, im sure there's a driver or program somewhere that im missing; i just cant figure out where it would be.

Well, you need to enable the integrated GPU on your motherboard, what's happening is when you boot up, it reads the BIOS memory to look where it should send a video signal, if it can't find the one in the PCIe slot, then it reboots and searches again until it does.

Which CPU do you have?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

You need to plug in your monitor directly to the mainboard so you can use the internal gpu (if you have one). 

No need to uninstall any drivers. And what do you mean by "not booting up correctly"?

Ive got a 3570k on an asrock z77 extreme 4. If i leave the graphics card in but plug my monitors into the motherboard (not the graphics card) then it boots up fine, except the windows logo and boot logo dont appear

How do i reenable the integrated graphics on the board?

You need to go into the BIOS and set it to use the iGPU.

Alright, ive been trying what you guys have been saying and so for nothing has changed:/ 

1. setting the graphics to Igpu in the bios:
     i couldnt find an explicit setting for that, so in the "north bridge configuration" section of the bios i changed the "primary graphics adapter" to onboard. when i have 1 monitor plugged into the GPU and one into the motherboard this makes the boot logo appear on the Motherboard monitor rather than the GPU, however when i take out the GPU the computer just boots/reboots endlessly

2. The CMOS thing:

I moved the jumper over to the 2-3 slots and pressed the power button and nothing happened. when i removed the jumber to switch it back the computer turned on (the jumper was no longer on) i let it do its thing (it went to the bios, but then did the boot/reboot thing since the GPU was out) , turned it off, then returned the jumper to the 1-2 slot. With the graphics card out it still boots/reboots endlessly