considering doing a open source coding charity livestream

coder-guy22296

I have not been spending as much time as I want to coding, I think that this could really help me improve my coding skills.

my Idea:

24hr livestream where I and maybe a couple friends code open source apps for the community that will be free and available(need to find a way to distribute, I may use use github).

the app ideas would be from the community

all proceeds if any go to a charity, and hopefully I can get a donations counter like luke did on his charity stream for donations that the community has contributed to the selected charity.

platform is undecided

any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

...Isn't this advertising?

Questions to moderators:

is this post against forum rules? what rule does it violate?

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

...Isn't this advertising?

No, because he is not linking to anywhere, he is just asking for opinions, and this livestream is just an idea, not an actual planned event.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I say go for it if only for the fact that I absolutely love live programming. Talk through what you're doing, talk through what your code, what it does and why, and think out loud.

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn