Gtx 980 Painted black

TBNRunity

So,,, I got an evag gtx 980 sc. I want my build to look as nice as it can. So I came here to ask this. Would it be completely safe to paint my cards aluminium shroud with black plasti dip. It would be greatly appreciated to leave your thoughts :D

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TBNRunity/saved/#savedbuild_1797964

It's completely safe, I would not see why not. Just remove them first.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

would look shiny!

:(

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

would look shiny!

:(

Plasti-dip is matte finish, so it wouldn't unless you use the glossifier.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Plasti-dip is matte finish, so it wouldn't unless you use the glossifier.

oh yeah whoops, I bought the glossy ones!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

it will look great and be safe

So,,, I got an evag gtx 980 sc. I want my build to look as nice as it can. So I came here to ask this. Would it be completely safe to paint my cards aluminium shroud with black plasti dip. It would be greatly appreciated to leave your thoughts :D

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I wouldn't have the balls to do that. Would love to see it when its done though.

I did it with my 780 Ti.  Plasti-dip works fine, although with the aerosol cans it left a bit of a "bubbliness" rather than a perfectly smooth finish on some parts.  I probably will re-plasti-dip it in the future without using the aerosol but I haven't gotten around to it.  Make sure you use the right size drivers when you diassemble it, hex screws strip pretty easily especially if you use a size slightly too small.  I replaced all mine with Torx screws since I had multiple ones strip too much to consider re-using.

it will look great and be safe

It's completely safe, I would not see why not. Just remove them first.

Appreciate it a lot guys! Psyched to do this. I'll post the final product soon. And just another question, if I wanted to make the green leds red I would have to sandpaper the green off and paint it red? I am assuming it will not retain the led glow but it will go with my build better.

[-] i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz [-] Asus Maximus VII Formula [-] EVGA Gtx 980 Sc [-] Corsair H105 [-] Corsair Obsidian 750d [-]

Appreciate it a lot guys! Psyched to do this. I'll post the final product soon. And just another question, if I wanted to make the green leds red I would have to sandpaper the green off and paint it red? I am assuming it will not retain the led glow but it will go with my build better.

great also you can probably put a bunch of red filters over it 

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Sanding the green off will make it glow white, in which you could experiment with certain amounts of Plasti-dip to achieve a red glow or try some of this (though it is not easily removed)

You can sand off the green to make the logo clear, but normal paint will block the light.  You would need to dye it somehow to make it red, not paint it.

Sanding the green off will make it glow white, in which you could experiment with certain amounts of Plasti-dip to achieve a red glow or try some of this (though it is not easily removed)

You can sand off the green to make the logo clear, but normal paint will block the light.  You would need to dye it somehow to make it red, not paint it.

Hmm, I will probably just paint it over like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCclKJQGPKs Just to be safe.