HD650/HD600 on Massdrop

Silly Ducklings

If you want to see the HD650 for under $400 (i REALLY want to pick up an HD650 sometime soon) or the HD600 for under $300 go and vote on one of them here ~ dro.ps/v/kDAYeWy

IMO, the 600/650 is the most overrated headphones ever. They're inferior in every way to the Beyer 880, AKG K701/702, and Denon D2000, all of which are cheaper.

IMO, of course... ;)

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

IMO, the 600/650 is the most overrated headphones ever. They're inferior in every way to the Beyer 880, AKG K701/702, and Denon D2000, all of which are cheaper.

IMO, of course... ;)

I'd say the ATH-M50 is the most overrated, but it does meet it's price range.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

absolutely love my HD650's.  everything sounds phenomenal on them. 

"imo, audio is a subjective experience, yadda yadda" disclaimer

i5-2500K @ 4.4 GHz

R9 290X @ 1050/1350 MHz

ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q

Titanium HD | JDS Labs O2 | HD650

I want a modmic 4.0 (already on massdrop right now) and a pair of HD650s really bad.  I listen to a lot of classical and relaxing music.

IMO, of course... ;)

Vote anyway please?  :P   It would be awesome if one of these could drop.

Vote anyway please?  :P   It would be awesome if one of these could drop.

Have you tried a properly amped K701/702? I think that they suit classical even better and can be had pretty cheap these days.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

I want a modmic 4.0 (already on massdrop right now) and a pair of HD650s really bad.  I listen to a lot of classical and relaxing music.

That's exactly what I'm using :)

I just hate having two cables dangling down my head though. I need to figure something out.

Have you tried a properly amped K701/702? I think that they suit classical even better and can be had pretty cheap these days.

I've pretty much got my heart set on HD650s.  :D

IMO, of course... ;)

not IMO for me, 600/650 is 'better' than any of those you mention... though you can't compare it with D2000 as its closed back

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

FYI, they've already been on Massdrop once. Unlikely to happen anytime soon. Just buy a used pair.

I actually don't think the HD650 has ever been dropped.  I know the HD600s and HD700s have, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the HD650s haven't.

Why massdrop? You can get the HD650 from Sennheiser with 2 day shipping for under $330 right now... (35OFFSENN)

I would buy it myself since I've been waiting for this exact sale for 2 months, but I bought the Fidelio X2 a week ago and am waiting for them to come in. No point buying both even to compare, since I hate return processes...

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

Why massdrop? You can get the HD650 from Sennheiser with 2 day shipping for under $330 right now... (35OFFSENN)

I would buy it myself since I've been waiting for this exact sale for 2 months, but I bought the Fidelio X2 a week ago and am waiting for them to come in. No point buying both even to compare, since I hate return processes...

I found out about that yesterday, and was gonna buy today, but the promo code is invalid now. :'(

I actually don't think the HD650 has ever been dropped.  I know the HD600s and HD700s have, and correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the HD650s haven't.

Yes, the 650's have dropped as well.