What can I do with an extra GPU besides selling it ?

LapX

Hello ! 

I bought a GTX 970 Strix not so long ago so I have a 660Ti sitting on my shelf and I was wondering what I could do with it instead of trying to find a buyer.

I thought about using it for PhysX but I don't think the games I'm playing right now has it. (AC Unity, Farcry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition)

Maybe I could fold a bit on it ? I can't mine cryptocurrencies, it's way too hard now so I might as well contribute to research.

Any other ideas ? I also have a 7790 in my other computer that I could replace with the 660 Ti and use this one instead for the other tasks if it performs better in certain cases, this PC isn't used for gaming.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Give it to a friend or use it for Folding :)

Forgot to precise that I'd rather sell it if it's no longer in my hands. I was about to but I've realised it wasn't going to fit my friend's needs so I didn't.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

sell it, gift it or make a video of you burning it :D the sky is the limit 

It's still very much in good condition so I'd rather not burn it xD (Unless I can maybe do a 100$ with the video of me burning it on youtube :P)

Forgot to precise that I'd rather sell it if it's no longer in my hands. I was about to but I've realised it wasn't going to fit my friend's needs so I didn't.

Let it out in the snow overnight and see what happens o-o

Could be a good idea but I would need all the other parts that forms a PC... 

Let it out in the snow overnight and see what happens o-o

It assume it will look like it would work but won't ?

Folding,

PhysX card

Give it to a friend

Coffee coaster?

Hang it on the wall and take a photo

Frame it next to your computer

Give it to a random on the street

Use it as a rock and throw it

Take a swim with it

Take it out on a romantic date

Goto a bar with your "best friend"

Use it as a trampoline

Or just sell it.... oh wait

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Folding,

PhysX card

Give it to a friend

Coffee coaster?

Take a swim with it

Use it as a trampoline

Liked for the profile pic

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

the gpu is still decent so you can reperpose it into something else reativly cheaply with the sales comeing up or free if you happen to have extra pc parts laying around or you can sell it, or donate it, or save it for just incase.

How much spare c4 do you have lying around?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Folding,

PhysX card

Give it to a friend

Coffee coaster?

Take a swim with it

Use it as a trampoline

The romantic date looks like a fabulous idea ! I have to pardon my cheating with the yougner one.

How much spare c4 do you have lying around?

Only a few kilograms, it always comes handy when the mythbusters are coming to town.

You can train PC Modding (Painting) on it. You know, apply a wicked pink to it, and it breaks something... oh well, at least it wasn't THAT important. If it doesn't, it might give you confidence to try modding other parts.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

If its broken, use it as a coffee/beer coaster.

If its not broken, break it so you can use it as a coffee/beer coaster.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Sell it to me? Eh, I want to save quite a bit of money then buy a nice GPU like something in the next gen AMD cards when they come out or a 970.. Maybe a 980.. But I know by the time I can afford a good GPU, the new AMD cards will be out by then.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

you can use the 970 and 660 ti together in blender for some 3D scene editing

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Hello ! 

I bought a GTX 970 Strix not so long ago so I have a 660Ti sitting on my shelf and I was wondering what I could do with it instead of trying to find a buyer.

I thought about using it for PhysX but I don't think the games I'm playing right now has it. (AC Unity, Farcry 4, Dragon Age Inquisition)

Maybe I could fold a bit on it ? I can't mine cryptocurrencies, it's way too hard now so I might as well contribute to research.

Any other ideas ? I also have a 7790 in my other computer that I could replace with the 660 Ti and use this one instead for the other tasks if it performs better in certain cases, this PC isn't used for gaming.

Make it a HTPC or Steam OS, something like that. Or build a mid range gaming PC and give to a poor friend, then have fan with him. :)

you can use the 970 and 660 ti together in blender for some 3D scene editing

I can combine their power in certain professional applications ? Interesting... Now I just need to not suck at art work/3D modelling.

Why don't you try to OC it on LN2? Just for the lolz. It'll be fun I guess.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D