Pentium G3258 vs FX 8320 (poll)

why are people talking about i3,i5,i7 when this is about a g3258 vs fx8320

just say someone only wants to do multitasking (NO GAMING) your saying the g3258 is better which it but you still say go with intel, maybe some people do not have the money to upgrade again for a long time,

you do not need a aftermarket cooler for a fx you still can overclock it with stock heatsink

why not paid it with a 970a-ud3p which is just as good apart from 2 x16 lanes

here is a cool motherboard 970 for the FX line  ^_^

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

(and here is the full build in case any need a cheap 8 cores machine with blue-ray)  :ph34r:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m79MmG

here is a cool motherboard 970 for the FX line  ^_^

AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

(and here is the full build in case any need a cheap 8 cores nachine)  :ph34r:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m79MmG

Thats only a 4 + 1 motherboard.  Good luck getting the FX8 stable at stock speeds on that thing.  The Gigabyte 970a-ud3p is really the least expensive option for a viable FX8 build, and it still ends up being more expensive than a locked i5.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Thats only a 4 + 1 motherboard.  Good luck getting the FX8 stable at stock speeds on that thing.  The Gigabyte 970a-ud3p is really the least expensive option for a viable FX8 build, and it still ends up being more expensive than a locked i5.

lol overclock ? ho say anything about overclock ? :lol: lol

and that ASRock motherboard is great for me dude  B)

lol overclock ? ho say anything about overclock ? :lol: lol

and that ASRock motherboard is great for me dude  B)

Where in my quote do I use the word overclock?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

why are people talking about i3,i5,i7 when this is about a g3258 vs fx8320

just say someone only wants to do multitasking (NO GAMING) your saying the g3258 is better which it but you still say go with intel, maybe some people do not have the money to upgrade again for a long time,

you do not need a aftermarket cooler for a fx you still can overclock it with stock heatsink

so true, this is about the Pentium G3258 and the FX 8320 

- - - - 

and no, one don't need a aftermarket cooler for run a FX at stock speeds

i can even do some small oc with a stock cooler also 

there are many FX 8xxx owners here

and all know that what say is true

is not true that one need a "special" cooler for run a FX 8320, stock coolers run it "perfectly fine"

So true. No matter what work I throw at the CPU it has 40-55oC, so comparing it to some's haswell-e early products with their 110oC under load... ^ ^

Except a non overclocked 8320 is terrible (and a sin).

Not even. If yes I'm a terrible sinner then D:

so true, this is about the Pentium G3258 and the FX 8320 

- - - - 

and no, one don't need a aftermarket cooler for run a FX at stock speeds

i can even do some small oc with a stock cooler also 

there are many FX 8xxx owners here

and all know that what say is true

I love the international community on this forum, being half russian, not born in the U.S. and speaking multiple languages I understand that it is rough.  You need to get a better grasp of the English language though because I have seen so many instances of you making a mistake, misinterpreting, or getting in a fight because you don't understand what is being said.

No one said you need an aftermarket cooler for stock FX speeds.  If you want to overclock, then you need an aftermarket cooler.  Also, 8+2VRM phase design is a MUST if you want to achieve respectable overclocks with an FX processor.  It is a slight miracle that you are even able to run your FX8320 at stock speeds without underclocking on a 4+1 VRM motherboard.

I love the international community on this forum, being half russian, not born in the U.S. and speaking multiple languages I understand that it is rough.  You need to get a better grasp of the English language though because I have seen so many instances of you making a mistake, misinterpreting, or getting in a fight because you don't understand what is being said.

No one said you need an aftermarket cooler for stock FX speeds.  If you want to overclock, then you need an aftermarket cooler.  Also, 8+2VRM phase design is a MUST if you want to achieve respectable overclocks with an FX processor.  It is a slight miracle that you are even able to run your FX8320 at stock speeds without underclocking on a 4+1 VRM motherboard.

but i don't wanna overclock :lol: so i don't need one 

but i don't wanna overclock :lol: so i don't need one 

Its not that you don't want to overclock, its that you can't on a 4+1 design board.

Its not that you don't want to overclock, its that you can't on a 4+1 design board.

we can do overclock in any motherboard we want friend :)

(this is AMD not intel that hate one when people do that)

you dont have to have a 8+2, you can have a 6+2 aswell, yes it not as good but you can overclock on it if you wanted to, but its still not as bad as a 4+1,

i own a fx-6300 @4.8 with a ud3p temps never go past 47c under load, even when i push it to 5.2 temps only hit around 55c with 1.6volts

So why is anyone posting in this thread anyway.

Because it's like the couples that love each other but only know how to express it by shouting and arguing.

There's no point trying to have a conversation about it because the bar graphs come out and then it's fact.

My opinion its the 8320 on the basis the pentium can't run star citizen at a decent frame rate at the current moment.

Pentium on the basis I was able to buy my son a PC very cheaply.

any AM3+ motherboard that you can recommend me friends ?

(i love this one, but any cheap motherboard with two PCIe x16 is fine for all i need)  :rolleyes:

ASROCK_970_EXT32_01.png

So true. No matter what work I throw at the CPU it has 40-55oC, so comparing it to some's haswell-e early products with their 110oC under load... ^ ^

Not even. If yes I'm a terrible sinner then D:

Comparing temps between Intel and AMD doesn't work as they're both using entirely different lithographies; Intel is at 22nm while AMD is at 32 (for FX). 

we can do overclock in any motherboard we want friend :)

(this is AMD not intel that hate one when people do that)

You can overclock on any Intel board as well, you just can't do it very well on a non z-board, and the same holds for AMD. You need a decent board with a decent power-devlivery in order to overclock -- especially an 8xxx. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm a bit torn on this, because the Pentium G3258 with a good overclock can come out about equal or ahead in certain games. But I think you'd get a much more consistent experience out of the FX-8320, especially in some of the games that have come out in the past few months.

It's very true. Also: 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($38.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $213.98

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $244.97

I like how different the motherboards are...

I like how different the motherboards are...

Yeah, well, an i5 can easily run on a shitty board, an 8320 can not. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yeah, well, an i5 can easily run on a shitty board, an 8320 can not. 

You can go cheaper than that, I've lost the link, but I found a M-ATX board for one a while back, with good power and all the rest for considerably cheaper that $99.

You can go cheaper than that, I've lost the link, but I found a M-ATX board for one a while back, with good power and all the rest for considerably cheaper that $99.

You found a good mATX board capable of handling an 8320 properly? This I'd like to see. 

The cheapest board one should even consider would be one with a 970 chipset, which will still be around $60.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

You found a good mATX board capable of handling an 8320 properly? This I'd like to see. 

The cheapest board one should even consider would be one with a 970 chipset, which will still be around $60.

Like I said I have lost the link and can't remember the manufacturer. It may have been when I was researching a board for the FX 6300, so it may not be capable anyway.

If you want to take it in to a pm we can, but I want to stop polluting this thread with only slightly on topic things.

kk, new plan, wait for Carrizo  :lol:

-video-

I remember someone telling me I was dead wrong when I said amd is not going to refresh their fx line, but go for more powerful APU's....I'll brb while I go kick that kid's teeth in.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

any AM3+ motherboard that you can recommend me friends ?

(i love this one, but any cheap motherboard with two PCIe x16 is fine for all i need)  :rolleyes:

no. not an asrock board. you either get asus or gigabyte when going am3+ 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Pentium without question simply because intel is the better planform

Cos they run cooler? Pffft.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III