gigabyte 970 difference

jonn.

is there a difference b/w the g1 gaming and the standard 970 other than the clock speed?

both have windforce coolers

Backplate.

Also I believe the G1 has binned chips. Don't know if gigabyte is just saying that or they actually do bin the chips.

I have the G1, Umm yeh backplate, Guaranteed high boost clock out the box..But as to whether which will be fastest.. Silicon Lottery

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350

Backplate and better cooler (4 heatpipes instead of 2).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

hahaa awesome thanks guys, yeah amazon doesn't have any stock on 970s that ship to australia under $400 USD :/

hahaa awesome thanks guys, yeah amazon doesn't have any stock on 970s that ship to australia under $400 USD :/

I had to pay over $500 for my 970 in Aus.. However I did wan't the G1

Case: NZXT H440, Motherboard: Z97 ROG Ranger, CPU: i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz, Ram: 8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 1600MHZ CL9, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, PSU: Cooler Master V650, Cooling: Swiftech H320, Monitors: 3 x Benq VZ2350