nVidia GTX video cards promotion

pinaklonkar
Go to solution Solved by pinaklonkar,

Well, I was stuck between Far Cry 4 and and The Crew, but decided to go with Far Cry 4. The Crew also looks fun and I may buy it in the future when it releases in December. 

Thank you all. 

FC4 or The Crew, neither are a broken mess.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

FC4 or The Crew, neither are a broken mess.

Did you mean both are a broken mess, or neither. 

Did you mean both are a broken mess, or neither. 

I'm saying Far Cry 4 or The Crew, because unlike Assassin's Creed: Unity, they're not shit.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Ubisoft should really put in some more time...

We as PC gamers prefer to see a less messed up game at a later time, than waiting years for the performance issues to get patched. (which it never fucking does)

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

the crew is actually supposed to be really fun, played the beta for a short amount of time.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm going to leave the post open for a day, but we are an hour into it, and so far no votes for AC, but 50-50 for FC4 and TC. While I did vote, this is not getting any easier for me :)

Folks I have a question pertaining to this.

I got a code from Amazon for my GTX 970, but I can't redeem it because the code is for the US, and I'm only getting access to the EU Ubisoft store.

What would be the easiest, quick and dirty method to get access to the US store if only just to redeem the code? (It's not working on the EU store...and yes, I tried)

I don't live in the US at present.

Would I need a VPN service of some kind?

As I didn't like The Crew in both Betas (too many design issues I loath) I went for Unity and Far Cry 4. I'm hoping Unity will be ironed out over time though Far Cry 4 at least seems solid.

I got a code from Amazon for my GTX 970, but I can't redeem it because the code is for the US, and I'm only getting access to the EU Ubisoft store.

What would be the easiest, quick and dirty method to get access to the US store if only just to redeem the code? (It's not working on the EU store...and yes, I tried)

With the code you received from Amazon you go to the Nvidia website to redeem the code. They then send you the Ubisoft store discount code so when you add the game to checkout on the Ubisoft store, input the discount code and the game will then be 100% discounted.

After watching Total Biscuit's recent video on Far Cry 4's port and if I wasn't refusing to buy Ubisoft games, I would go for FC4. However, those frame drops are appalling, especially on TB's rig. Often dropping from 96 to 56 for a second. Though, this will most likely be patched. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I own AC: Unity and FC4, and they are both really good but FC4 has me REALLY sucked in atm so it gets my vote.

As I didn't like The Crew in both Betas (too many design issues I loath) I went for Unity and Far Cry 4. I'm hoping Unity will be ironed out over time though Far Cry 4 at least seems solid.

With the code you received from Amazon you go to the Nvidia website to redeem the code. They then send you the Ubisoft store discount code so when you add the game to checkout on the Ubisoft store, input the discount code and the game will then be 100% discounted.

Yeah, I already did all of that.

My main problem was that I couldn't get to the US Ubisoft store to actually apply the promo code I got from Nvidia.  I kept getting redirected to the EU store for some reason.

It's fixed now though.  Turns out that I had to completely reset my browser and clear the cache. :)

I have my Far Cry 4 now, and it has since downloaded.  I'll try it out later to see if I'm getting the same issue TB highlighted in his 'Port Report' video.

They have a brilliant trailer for The Crew with that haunting slow motion track with high speed film. 

AC Unity, in fasle hope that it will be fixed and run smoothly  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Finally got PS4 Pro

I'd say FC4, it's an alright game, and it runs fairly smoothly.

IGN rated it pretty well (though Gamespot did not). Not that that means it's necessarily a good game, but you could always watch the review to see this person's perspective on things.

I do play some Xbox One on occasion, I am getting AC on it to play co-op with some buddies who don't have PCs, & I have Forza Horizon 2 so I'm all good on racing games for a bit...

That left Far Cry 4 (which was probably the best choice anyways) for my PC pick up. Just have  been super busy, but I will have time this weekend to download and check it out :)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

wow... is AC that bad??? i have the free voucher as well but dont care for driving games and FPS. I did enjoy Tenchu way back in the day so I am leaning towards AC unity. never played any before it. I got FC3 for free and shut it off after 15 minutes.

there is a way of doing it is by changing your dns server by using unblock-us.com

I was actually using Unblock-us but I still had to clear my browser cache for it to have an effect.

Weird, I know.

The Crew. AC Unity is a joke and FC4 looks too similar to FC3.

Well, I was stuck between Far Cry 4 and and The Crew, but decided to go with Far Cry 4. The Crew also looks fun and I may buy it in the future when it releases in December. 

Thank you all.