Sexist Samsung?

Kejimuna

Lesser pay for the same work irrespective of pregnancy is wrong

I have asked people who hire other people for a living. They have all told me the same thing - "we hire women for less at first as they often have children and paid absences which hurts our company. it's nothing against women personally - we just hire men at a higher pricepoint because there's less inconvenience." They hire off of the assumption that a women will have children. Some women aren't even attracted to men. Should they get paid less because a straight woman might get pregnant once?

As you said thier are mmen hating feminists well those comprise the majority.

They absolutely do not. Check out the old #YesAllWomen hashtag on Twitter. They don't comprise the majority. They comprise the uneducated or selfish. Most of the people from that trend said that they didn't outright hate men in any way.

They say men treat them like objects and stuff but in the end sleep around

That's a personal experience. You should find a better girlfriend or be a better person as there might be a reason they're sleeping with others when they're supposedly with you.

Female equality yeah.... Feminism nah...

FEMINISM IS FEMALE EQUALITY, JUST MORE OUTWARDLY DISPLAYED.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

CPU fans make noise though.

Knew someone was gonna say that. Good point, though if your laptop is idling (assuming you have an efficient CPU) the fan's won't run, As I type this, my laptop's fan isn't blowing at all. It's completely silent.

*looking at a Samsung fanboy at my office* (let's call him Fred for now)

Hey Fred! Come watch a new Samsung ad! its about SSD.

Fred runs the with power of Samsung marketing arrogant smile and a SGS5

*watches the video*

Fred is now a meth addict.

Hiring women is always a prob since one has to setup a sexual harassment cell,and hire temps during pregnancies which affects the workflow...also women tend to whore around in the office for promotion etc.... Women should be classy with morals rather than tramps...

They Are some women who have been successfull such as Sheryl Sandberg or the pepsi ceo but majority of women just ditch thier jobs for kids thus wasting the organizations time and depriving other worthy candidates of opportunities.... As far as my gf goes she doesn't sleep around nor dresses like a tramp.... Simple down to earth and cheesy as hell....

Not all women are "whores" in the workplace....

That's such a generalization I can't even..

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

My gfs mom also only uses her PC for light stuff as well, only sexist people see sexism in every  facet of society and that's sad how much a non issue things blow up to be. This isn't sexism from Samsung, it's people *wanting* to be offended with a combination of bad acting in a commercial. 

Just FYI, the word "facet" in Polish means guy.

she seems high

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

most of the time i see claims of sexism or such come up this quote - "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence" make much more sense of things. That ad is just cringeworthy, its incompetence not sexism. 

I would call this a 'fringe' of bad presentation, rather than sexism, it is more about stereotyping. Bad Advert, definitevly. As a matter of fact, I had to pull out my communications study book to check this one out.
First, my book defines sexist language to "include words, phrases, and expressions that unnecessarily differentiate between females and males or exclude, trivialize, or diminish either sex".
In addition my communications studies book goes a step further and talks about 'he/she' language.

I saw nothing in that video that meets the criteria defined as sexism.
Neither sex was excluded or diminished in the video. No phrases or expressions were used to differentiate the lady from the two men. Neither sexes were trivialized (sort of), both were able to take the idea of "building blocks" presented in the video and do it themselves. Notice my (sort of) comment in the last sentence. They did make the lady seem like a typical stay at home paternal figure (by having her talk about her children), but that isn't so much sexism, but more like gender oriented stereotypes.

With that being said, some of the stereotypes in this video are bad. The lady, portrayed as a stay at home mother. The young Asian man, playing video games. The guy who looked like he in a business or office profession complaining about a slow computer. These are all terrible stereotypes.

The ad was definitely laughable at best. It was pretty cringe worthy.
In my opinion, all three actors sounded somewhat dumb. It doesn't take a genius to figure out out these things.
Also, from the comments, I see why people may jump on the sexism bandwagon, but this is really more about bad actor portrayal and tasteless stereotypes that affects: gender, racial background, and even public image.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I don't think that advert is sexist at all. Getting pretty bored of absolutely everything being called sexist these days, it's quite pathetic if you ask me.

However it was a shit cheesy advert.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Samsung 840 A-Vo?

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

Nope, not sexist. It's total pander to the uneducated (trying not to insult anyone) masses who buy tech without understanding how any of it works. Covering all their bases of consumers by making some cheesy ad.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.