Do people want to see hardware apps/drivers reviews or showcases ?

SenpaiSilver

Hi,

Whevener I'm interested in some hardware I'm always curious about the drivers or the software that I'm going to have to use with the hardware.

The issue I have about current hardware reviews is that it's just about the hardware and sometimes about what you can do with the LEDs. But hardware is not just about shining rainbow pieces of eletronic, it's also about the software and the way it performs.

I think that the software bundled with hardware such as a keyboard, a mouse, a sound card or even an ethernet card as important as the hardware itself. And while I understand that I can't use the software without the proper hardware, it's a shame to not be able to test it before making decisions.

Some other reason I think it's important to show people the software is that some haven't had a chance to upgrade to a Killer NIC and are curious about the settings that can be set, or it would be nice to get a feel with a sound card driver to see and even explain the different settings.

I know it will be time consuming to review or showcase the software, but I doubt people just get the hardware and don't even install the software for fullest experience possible. Obviously I'm not talking about bloatware and promotional software that comes with a motherboard.

Just to explain a bit better here are the questions I ask myself when deciding what is important in the software whever I buy a mouse:

• Can I program as many game profiles I want in the software ?
    • Can I rebind every button and the mouse wheel's axis ?
    • Can I have a special DPI profile for the game ?
  • Do profiles work outside of games ?
  • Can I assign multiple games to one single profile ?
    • Can I have changing colors for different profiles or DPI ?
  • Can I do macros ?
    • If so can I write timed macros ?
    • Can I record on the fly ?
  • Can I change the report rate ?
  • Can I disable mouse accel within the mouse software ?
  • How easy is it to create a profile ?

I'm not asking for a software review for each and single piece of hardware that may have the same software, but it'd be interesting to have for stuff like the Killer Network app, some brand keyboard and mouse apps, and soundcard so people can learn about the software and its features before buying hardware.

Thanks for reading.

My dream in life is to live of quality internet fiber and junk food.

Driver reviews you can generally get instantly here, by the posts of people complaining that it broke (if it did).

this

and the improvments of drivers tend to be fixing previous problems and upping perfoemsce so not much to review there

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi