Computer won't boot Vga light red

Hades

Ok I'm posting for my friend as he can't

The problem is that his computer will not boot and the motherboard vga light is red.

He's got

Asus P8Z77-V

Intel 2500k

Msi 670 PE

Corsair 8gb ram

Surely that means your vga card is dead?

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Before RMAing your Graphics Card make sure it has power and try to re-seat it in your PCI-E slot or another PCI-E slot.

It does not mean your Graphics Card is dead, it just indicates that the Problem is located there.

Sorry for potential spelling mistakes, I'm from Germany  :rolleyes:

Surely that means your vga card is dead?

The computer dosnt boot without the gpu aswell

Then it probably isn't an issue with the GPU. Are you getting other red LEDs on other components? If so, it's likely a PSU issue.

Then it probably isn't an issue with the GPU. Are you getting other red LEDs on other components? If so, it's likely a PSU issue.

When i power down the pc and leave it for 1 min it will boot but after i restart it will have the same problem

Do you have a speaker attached to your motherboard? If not, get one, you should hear some beep codes which will help you diagnose the issue :)

Do you have a speaker attached to your motherboard? If not, get one, you should hear some beep codes which will help you diagnose the issue :)

I have a speaker but theres no beep when this happens

I have a speaker but theres no beep when this happens

the motherboard isnt detecting an issue then, sounds like your graphics card is broken! Could you try a different port? (DVI/HDMI)

the motherboard isnt detecting an issue then, sounds like your graphics card is broken! Could you try a different port? (DVI/HDMI)

The motherboard detects a issue with the led lighing on it, however i was able to get into the bios and change ai tweaker setting and was able to boot without a problem.

Thanks for all the help, and I'LL BE BACK if the problem comes back

Glad to hear that this issue was solved.. :)

I hope that it stays away..but YOU are welcome here anytime...

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Have exactly the same problem would like to know how u fixed it

Have exactly the same problem would like to know how u fixed it

can u start a tread in troubleshoot and post all the information about your problem and send me a pm of the tread link and i'll try and help u 

A 670 need a 500W PSU or better. If your PSU is lower then 500, its the PSU wattage is not enough to run the GPU. If your PSU is higher then 500W, its a dead GPU. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

• 6 years later...

Really old post but if anyone else is stuck , but just got a gigabyte aorus B450 pro wifi MB.

Started with BSOD's every 5 - 10 minutes (IRQ not less or equal, Driver power state failure) , then finally VGA debug light on all boots, just the aorus logo on screen would not go past, mouse and keyboard acted like they were working red laser light on mouse, numlock lit up on keyboard but could not hit any F12 or del buttons, drove me crazy, tried 4 graphics cards

RX580

RX570

HD8000 something series i think

Nvidia Geforce 730 Low profile as i thought it was power issue.

Swapping display cables in and out was a big mistake HDMI cable pulled monitor over thanks lenovo for building a great monitor on a tiny little stand not able to properly support the actual screen and now screen is cracked :(

wonderful right? , for so many years i was not an idiot screen cracker, now ive joined them :(

it was the PCIe Samsung Pm961 m.2 SSD causing the VGA light, i have no idea how, after i removed it, it booted up no issue.

installed windows on old HDD with ssd removed updated to the latest gigabyte BIOS ver 41 i think and now all is working very well, no debug lights.

Samsung SSD is now also the boot drive and works flawlessly.

Need a new monitor, but all least the PC works i just cant use it now without being connected to the TV :(

BIOS was F5 out of box, then during BSOD's i was able to get to f32 flashing in BIOS Qflash, then after ver 32 the VGA light no post issue happened.